davita

Mar 13, 2012
According to breaking news, see link, Indonesia has been suspended from FIFA. However, as the SEA games in Singapore have started, they are permitted to play.
Seems like yesterday that 3 (Nigerians) playing for the Malaysian club Pahang were denied entry to Jakarta to play because they didn't have appropriate visas. Will be interesting to witness reciprocity.
Indonesian Football Association suspended by FIFA | FourFourTwo

Rangi

May 23, 2011
Legian
Seems like yesterday that 3 (Nigerians) playing for the Malaysian club Pahang were denied entry to Jakarta to play because they didn't have appropriate visas. Will be interesting to witness reciprocity.

60413952.jpg

Markit

Sep 3, 2007
Karangasem, Bali
Do international footballers all have to have a working visa for every fecking country they go to?!??

What a nightmare!

davita

Mar 13, 2012
This FIFA ban means RI national football team will not be competing in the World Cup 2018 qualifiers starting in a couple of weeks. This must be a blow for the many Indonesian football fans.

Even President Widodo has been reported to say "It doesn't matter if we are absent from International competition for a while as long as we can win big in the future.

Given that the fourth most populated nation on the planet, comprising very active and fervent football afficionadoes, have not qualified for World Cups since 1938 doesn't seem to matter......therefore his comment is typical Javanese pragmatism.

davita

Mar 13, 2012
Do international footballers all have to have a working visa for every fecking country they go to?!??

What a nightmare!

I don't think they need a working visa but they need a visa to enter a country according to Immigration rules. Malaysians don't even need to pay for a VOA as Malaysia is ASEAN. However, 3 (edit 4) Nigerians play for Pahang (Malaysian Club) who were playing a Papuan Indonesian club to qualify for the AFC cup next week.
Indonesia Immigration does not permit Nigerian citizens entry to RI on a VOA...they need what is called a calling visa. The Malaysian Football Assoc. believed it had that authority from RI Football Assoc. (PSSI) but didn't, according to RI Immigration, who prevented entry.

The Malaysians voided the match and returned....the 'game' isn't over.

Btw markit...I forgot....did you ask for the time?:tongue:

davita

Mar 13, 2012
Aren't international footy players working when they play football?

If they 'work' for an Indonesian footy team the team provides the Kitas/IMTA...just like any other industry. I met a Croatian goalkeeper, who plays for a Jakarta team and lives in the same apartment building in Jakarta with his wife and kid as us, who does that.

There have been occasions where Immigration also grant Indonesian Citizenship to foreign football players who can then play for the National team
https://islamconverts.wordpress.com...tch-descent-diego-michielss-journey-to-islam/
Cristian Gonzáles - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Foreign players visiting Indonesia to play an Indonesian team must somehow be covered by FIFA rules (I don't know) but, RI is now banned from FIFA...that's why my earlier comment about future reciprocity.

Markit

Sep 3, 2007
Karangasem, Bali
Davita I figure every stick around you has at least 3 ends, but, as usual only 1 end is the right one.

My humble and innocent question was pointed rather at international footy players WORKING FOR FOREIGN TEAMS wanting to play here in Indo. It was relatively clear to me that Indonesian international team players would have work permits for Indo...

I presume there is some international agreement to allow this without recourse to years of hassle and payments.

davita

Mar 13, 2012
Aren't international footy players working when they play football?

Markit...the above is a repeat of your question...it was NOT clear what you meant so my answer covered all angles.

Also....your words...'It was relatively clear to me that Indonesian international team players would have work permits for Indo...'
If he's Indonesian he doesn't need a work permit...I think you meant 'Foreign international team players'

Again...If you knew the answer why ask the question. Whether humble, innocent or just to create an argument, you could have simply made your statement.

Interesting is that the Indonesian problem is based on corruption within the different teams and FIFA is facing huge corruption charges within its organisation..a bit like the pot calling the kettle black.

Last edited: