Indonesian billionaire touts access to President Trump

balinews

Feb 14, 2010
Donald Trump's Indonesian business partner is touting his relationship with the president, telling a Jakarta-based magazine that he still has ready access to the man in the Oval Office.

In a recent interview with Indonesian weekly Tempo titled "I Have Access to President Trump," Hary Tanoesoedibjo, a billionaire who inked deals with the Trump Organization to build luxury resorts on the islands of Bali and Lido, said he has instant access to Trump's children and through them can reach Trump whenever he wants. Before assuming office, Trump declined to divest from any of his businesses but said he would no longer have any involvement with the day-to-day operations of the Trump Organization, which is now being run by his sons, Donald Jr. and Eric. Trump also said his company would not initiate any new foreign deals, although it would continue to develop projects that were already in progress, including the two resorts he is building with Tanoesoedibjo that are barely underway.

In the Tempo interview, which appears in the Indonesian magazine's print edition with a short excerpt online, Tanoesoedibjo shed little new light on the resort projects, declining to provide details on how the projects will be financed ("third parties, i.e. banks and financial institutions, personal capital and those of partners") or how much Trump is being paid for his involvement. According to Trump's latest personal financial disclosure form, last year he was paid between $2 million and $10 million for his role in the Indonesian projects.

http://www.motherjones.com/politics...esian-business-partner-brags-about-his-access

davita

Mar 13, 2012
There is much talk about impeaching President Trump but, so far, he doesn't seem to have done anything that constitutes reason.
I think, and hope, his conflict of interest with all his business, and his family's involvement, will trip him up...but then...who can or will impeach? Surely the majority Republicans would be hesitant...and the Democrats don't have enough votes to succeed.
He may be aware of that and flipping his finger at the Constitution.

Steve Rossell

Apr 18, 2015
Been away for a while and have been staying out of any Trump discussions since his inauguration for so many reasons, least of all being my own sanity ;) . Then there is of course the fact that I am not an American citizen with voting rights.
The arguments for impeachment will of course play out but the process would take longer than his tenure as Commander in Chief.
One man that has been very quiet indeed and has a history as a studied constitutional lawyer is Barak Obama.
Maybe after he has had his downtime after his Presidency, i.e. kite boarding with Sir Richard Branson, he might just turn his mind to Trump but I suspect that Trumps own party will lynch him well before a constitutional lawyer becomes involved.

Humpty Trumpty wanted a great wall,
Humpty Trumpty had a great fall,
All the Kings horses and all the Kings men......
......well, you know the rest.