davita

Mar 13, 2012
@ post #1
That's a pity as it seemed to be a popular method of transport.
Last week I saw hundreds of them outside an office in Teuku Umar. My driver says they were protesting against something...seems like they 'doth protest too much' and have now lost their jobs.
I know the Jakartans love the Go-Fetch, or some name like that, as we've even used them to deliver satay from roadside sellers to our apartment.

matsaleh

Super Moderator
May 26, 2004
Legian, Bali
Jokowi may just overturn this decision.

FRIDAY, 18 DECEMBER, 2015 | 14:56 WIB
Jokowi Supports Go-jek

TEMPO.CO, Bogor - President Joko “Jokowi” Widodo expressed his views in light of bans on app-based motorcycle taxis (ojek) issued by the Transportation Ministry.

Jokowi said that ojek existed due to public demands. Therefore, Jokowi said that he did not want any regulations to cause nuisance for the people.

“As long as it’s necessary, I think there should be no problem,” Jokowi said at the Bogor Palace on Friday, December 18, 2015.

Jokowi added that the government could provide transitional regulations related to the operation of motorcycle taxis until the government is capable of providing reliable mass transportation.

Jokowi added that he would not want the government to restrict innovations or ideas. According to Jokowi, app-based transportation services, such as Go-Jek, were created by innovative young generation. Jokowi also called on transportation-related ministries and agencies to set standards on passenger safety.

Jokowi Supports Go-jek | Economy & Business | Tempo.Co :: Indonesian News Portal

Markit

Sep 3, 2007
Karangasem, Bali
In the real world old, entrenched industries presented with new competition have to change, innovate or die. Here they just talk to their buddy in government and get the upstart banned.

What a disaster for the country that is...