davita

Mar 13, 2012
I read on another forum that some expats have been invited to an Immigration socialization meeting in Bogor to discuss the implementation of UU6-2011 as amended in 2013. The meeting is tomorrow 28 Nov 2013 at 1:00pm.
If anyone has more info on this subject, after the meeting, I think it would be useful to post here so we can all benefit.
Thank you.

balibule

Feb 6, 2009
can you remind me what UU6-2011 is about? Is it about WNA married to WNI being able to get a kitas though their partner?

davita

Mar 13, 2012
can you remind me what UU6-2011 is about? Is it about WNA married to WNI being able to get a kitas though their partner?

Cannot recall balibule...but that is certainly the case now...as it can be done direct from a Sosbud to a Kitas without leaving the country.
Another was something to do with WNA married to WNI having easier access to an Imta (work permit)
The one I have interest is a previous WNI, with a new citizenship, regaining a Kitap...but this has been watered down.

That is why I ask members to post if they see any info from the socialization meet tomorrow in Bogor.

gilbert de jong

Jan 20, 2009
Panji, Singaraja.
that UU6-2011 is a law concerning all possible visa's..in other words, it's an immigration-law.

a while back there was such sort of meeting in Lovina, this meeting however was organised by a group that informs "wna-wni marriage people" about several things...amongst these things thus the new law, another thing that they for example inform about is the whole landownership issue...
Me and my wife were invited though through the imigrasi, we didn't attend these meeting but it was well received by others.
Back then, (and as far as I know, till today) the employees who should be able to do the paperwork did not receive training (pengarahan) for this yet.
Ofcourse the convert "by wife sponsored sosbud" into "ITAS sponsored by wife", they can handle..
the difficulty lies in the WNA who has been married for two years (or more) and wants to apply for Kitas including a workpermit, or even straight goes for the option of an ITAP with workpermit, as far as I know it/that has not yet been issued in the whole of Indonesia..

will keep my ears tuned though and if I hear anything about that meeting in Bogor, I will post.

mat

Dec 18, 2008
Singaraja
We went to the one in Lovina. Downside: The meeting was all in Indonesian. Upside: free snacks and drinks, followed by free dinner and then given an envelope with cash in for attending.

davita

Mar 13, 2012
We went to the one in Lovina. Downside: The meeting was all in Indonesian. Upside: free snacks and drinks, followed by free dinner and then given an envelope with cash in for attending.

Thank you mat...very informative...
Any follow-up about the quality of the food?:ambivalence: