I need medical insurance for my KITAS- now can''t get 12 months travel Insurance- any ideas? Indo medical Insurance?

Rob McKay

Mar 21, 2018
Any ideas for a reasonable priced medical insurance? I am 69 years old and best quote I can get is $6,500 AUD for 12 months.
Is Indo medical insurance available for expats?

spicyayam

Jan 12, 2009
Allianz is an option. My sister in law is an agent if you are interested.

mugwump

Mar 15, 2011
seattle pekutatan
If you have insurance with your govt. that covers you to any degree while overseas (in this case Indonesia) why would you require something that would supplement it?

Markit

Sep 3, 2007
Karangasem, Bali
For anyone over 60 the rates are ridiculous and most of us that old have decided the option is just not viable. In my opinion (and many others) it's better to keep the dosh in an account and crawl back on the plane to home (if possible) and get treated there because, in all honesty I would not let the jokers here touch me if I had anything serious enough to need that kind of coverage and for all other eventualities just pay as you go - it's dirt cheap.

Now if you need it as proof for your retirement kitas I'm told by a friend that with some travel insurance policies and judicial use of photoshop you can get enough coverage to prove to the Immi you are "THE MAN". Use at your own discretion.