spicyayam

Jan 12, 2009
[video=youtube;6Zr7dCTsoUA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Zr7dCTsoUA[/video]

JohnnyCool

Jan 10, 2009
Sanur
I suffered watching this, just like the Balinese in it.
"Thanks", spicy, for reminding me that there is still no shortage of crazy religious fanatics in the world.
If anybody needs "saving", it's this woman (and her Balinese driver needs some serious help too).

My rough "diagnosis" (as a retired psychologist):

1. She hears voices (Jesus told her to go to Bali and save the people) Psychosis - maybe schizophrenia
2. She has no knowledge of the Balinese Hindu faith Pure ignorance
3. She thinks that it's OK to burst into a Balinese temple ceremony and "preach" while people are praying Delusional Sociopath
4. She thinks that Jesus can instantly help you to give up smoking See 1,2,3 above
5. She can't sing Absolutely no god-given talent
6. And all the rest Prognosis: Little or zero hope without treatment

Other thoughts:

Don't you need a "special visa" to proseltyise in Indonesia? I thought it was forbidden.
Why wasn't she immediately removed for disturbing the peace?
Doesn't Rumah Sakit Bangli (the main mental hospital) have a rapid response team?
She gives all bules a bad name.
Were the police called?
Did "Jesus" tell her to stay in Kuta?
Has she been deported yet? (If not, why not?)
Why didn't the voices tell her to go and scream "repent" in mainly Islamic Java at a mosque during Friday prayers?
What else did her Balinese driver get apart from a "free Jesus T-shirt"?

:icon_eek:

Steve Rossell

Apr 18, 2015
She certainly needs help. I hope she finds peace......and that her next visa application is given due consideration.

SamD

Sep 7, 2006
Seminyak
She sounded drunk or on drugs to me. Could only stand a couple of minutes of her before I switched off. She should try and do the same in Aceh and see what happens.

mugwump

Mar 15, 2011
seattle pekutatan
Seeing this is somewhat amazing to happen in Indonesia where I realize that such recruiting and proselyting is illegal, however these idiots run around free in the US and sometimes get into our Congress where they they are able to pass laws endorsing this crap.
For anyone interested enough to find out the US was founded by a bunch of religious nuts and their heritage endures to this day so have a bit of compassion for us as you reflect upon your own heritage.

Steve Rossell

Apr 18, 2015
Seeing this is somewhat amazing to happen in Indonesia where I realize that such recruiting and proselyting is illegal, however these idiots run around free in the US and sometimes get into our Congress where they they are able to pass laws endorsing this crap.
For anyone interested enough to find out the US was founded by a bunch of religious nuts and their heritage endures to this day so have a bit of compassion for us as you reflect upon your own heritage.

I, for one, certainly have a sense of compassion for this woman. I did watch the whole video and the fervour that escalated throughout her efforts and that pointed out to me how compassionate the Balinese folk were with her. It was only toward the end of her ranting that she was politely but firmly told that this was not the time or place to be conducting herself in such a manner.
Before that moment I believe she became more and more vehement because no-one was making a public display of being upset.

As I said, "I hope she finds peace.".

p.s.
Mugwump, I didn't take your post as being directed at me specifically. Peace.

Markit

Sep 3, 2007
Karangasem, Bali

I was always amazed to be taught in the US that the country was based on the search for religious freedom when if fact if you look around a bit the founding fathers, be they the pilgrims or any of the many other sects of the time, were actually asked to leave where they had previously lived as their brand of lunacy was just too extreme for the time.

Nobody left home unless he had to, in my experience. Back then much more so than now.

Billt4SF

Aug 4, 2014

There's a great video of Congressman Lynn Wollsey (sp?) of Georgia who proposed to post the 10 Commandments in schools, courtrooms, etc., and when asked "what are the 10 commandments?" could only recite one or two.

- Bill