Villas of Bali ™ is the trusted real estate company that offers the most beautiful villas for sale on Bali. Visit our experienced and helpful staff in our office in Seminyak, or search the extensive villa listing online at www.balivillasales.com, providing the most exclusive properties for sale. Villas of Bali ™ stands for quality, integrity and trust. We help you save time and money, while providing you peace of mind of your property related needs. Send us an email to info@villasofbali.com, or call us at +62 878 6249 3526.

1. Welcome Guest to the new look Balipod. If you are an existing member, just sign up with your usual username/password. Any problems you can post them here
    Dismiss Notice

How to get "Sosial Budaya Visa"

Discussion in 'Bali Visa Questions and Answers' started by manuel, Aug 12, 2007.

1. manuel

manuel Member

Hi guys.
    Which is the best way to get the "Sosial Budaya Visa"
    My only problem is how to get the Indonesia-sponsor.
    I dont know how I can get it.

This visa must be renew every month ?
    And can be extandable for 6 months more?
    Total 12 months?

Thank you very much for support.

Cheers, Manuel

2. manuel

manuel Member

Sosial Budays is the most common called "social visa"

3. Jimbo

Jimbo Active Member

SB visa is valid for 2 months and can be extended 4 time at 1 month each. After this you MUST leave the country and re apply.

I cannot help you with a sponsor.

4. Guest

Guest Guest

The best way is to contact a visa consultant such as Bali IDE (see the link at the top of the page).

You will have to pay extra for the service but you won't have to deal with any of the hassles of applying for and renewing the visa.

5. FreoGirl

FreoGirl Member

Also Manu, you can't work or conduct a business on a social visa. And they do check on you.

But if you want to go to Bali for a few months to check things out, not working or conducting business, then the social visa would be one to try for.

Freo

6. manuel

manuel Member

Thanks for all your reply.
    I know I cannot work and take people work for me.
    Is not what I need.

I sent 2 email to Bali IDE 10days ago but they still not answer to me.

So I have to renew every month ????
    And the can say NO ?

Thanks,
    Manu

7. Bert Vierstra

Bert Vierstra Active Member

Strange, they should reply....

You have to apply for a Social Visa outside of Indonesia, at an Indonesian embassy / consulate.

Once you have got it, it is valid for 2 months after you arrive in Indonesia. Then, you can renew it monthly (IN Indonesia) for a total period of up to 6 months.

8. manuel

manuel Member

Thanks bert.

But how many times I can do social visa?
    I mean I can stay there 2 years, for example ?
    If the see I have social visa many times on my passport they can say/do something ???

You said "they should reply"
    is not a must?

thanks !

9. nomad4ever

nomad4ever Member

you have to apply outside of Indonesia for 2 months, but can extend up to 4 times. All in all 6 months.

Some more info/process and costs here:

http://www.nomad4ever.com/2006/12/15/vi ... s-it-work/

So far I applied in Singapore 3 times for Sosial Budaya (although I extended only once for the full 6 months here in Bali). No problem with immigration, apart from the hassles/bureaucracy of extending.

You can either save your time (by asking an agent) or your money (by extending yourself with immigration).

After 3rd extension you usually will be finger-printed. :)

10. manuel

manuel Member

Mhmhmh.... Thanks, but I still not understand how long I can stay and how many time I can extend.
    And where I can find my sponsor !?

Thanks nomad4ever :)

11. Bert Vierstra

6 months in total, within those 6 months, you need to extend 4 times.

Then you have to go outside of Indonesia, to get a new one.

12. manuel

manuel Member

How many times I can go outside Indonesia and comeback?
    I can do this many times as I want and stay there for live ?

Thanks Bert.

13. Bert Vierstra

I didn't talk to someone who died using a Social Visa yet. :)

I know that there are quite some people who stay already for years using a Social Visum, and the only thing I remember hearing is that sometimes immigration officers complain. It is a bit suspect to "do it like that", understandably. The visa is meant for 6 months visits. Not for a life time stay permit.

I think you will not find much problems the first years, but there is no guarantee.

I think its best to get here on a "Sosbud = Social Visa", and get used to the life. During your stay its much easier to look into other options, and now doubt you'll hear plenty of stories.

I came first on a Tourist Visa, and then had 3 renewals (outside of Indonesia) of a Social Visa, before I got a Kitas / Working Permit.

And in 5 years I hope to have a retirement visa, and a hard working wife ;)

14. manuel

manuel Member

Thanks Bert.
    I will do my best.

I still not understand how I can find the sponsor.
    The sponsor must be in Bali or can be in Jakarta?
    But I will go to Bali :D

Thanks

15. BaliLife

BaliLife Active Member

Bert, what about the 1 month visa aussies get on arrival? Can that be extended within indo or would u have to leave?

Also, and I don't mean to be too suggestive on this, but is the whole 'have to leave indonesia to re-new your visa' thing something u can 'bribe around'?

Ct

16. FreoGirl

FreoGirl Member

BL - There is quite a bit of discussion on some Indonesian travel forums which would indicate that you now can get a 30 day extension in-country to the 30 day VOA. You need a letter of invitation. I read a comment from one guy who tried to get a 60 day tourist visa in Bejing and they would only give him 30 and told him to extend once in Bali.

Of course, Indonesian Immigrasi are being their usual obtuse selves on the rules around this. It is very difficult to find out exactly what you can and can't do, and how much it costs. For example - once you've extended once, can you extend again? I'm guessing once you've had 60 days you need to leave or look for a work-around.

There is also some 'under-the-table' stuff going on around Kuta where you can pay a middleman to get an extension for you. Apparently your passport is taken to the airport where it receives new genuine VOA stamps from an immigration official there, and voila! you have your extension.

As to getting a new Social Budaya inside Indonesia, I'm not sure how they could do this, even if an immigration officer wanted to. These visas are not issued in Indonesia. The extension to the social visa looks different than the actual visa. The Sosbud is a sticker in your passport, while the extension is a large stamp. So my guess to your second question is - no you can't get around it. You have to leave.

17. BaliLife

BaliLife Active Member

thanks freo... very informative.. i'll be goin in on the aussie standard one later this yr.. family has already 'spoken' to a nice gentleman in uniform who'll be taking care of the kitas for us.. god love indo...

ct

18. Jimbo

Jimbo Active Member

You can get a 60 tourist visa easily by apllying for it outside Indonesia.

As an aside Bali IDE will not sponsor you on a SB visa but there are companies in Jakarta who will. Bert answered the rest.

As an aside I hope to be in Bali on 28th August