How To Get Money thru the bank?

Ken Sama

Apr 13, 2023
Hi there, (To Smart People- who are willing to help!!

I joined this forum to find out if somebody can guide the info on how to start a local bar, but no response.. haha!!
Well, that is okay. Now, I have another question and lookin' forward to seeing if someone experienced it.
A friend of mine wants to send money to me - I know I can get it thru Western Union, but is there any bank that can take a little bit of charge and get me that amount? If you know about this then please reply.
I do not have a bank account here in Bali... so what are the best options - I don't have a KITAS to open an account yet!

Thank you,

AuroraB

Dec 17, 2021
1. How to start a bar?
a. No response so far? I guess the members did not want to fall over each other showing their enthusiasm.
b. From what I know a typical "Investment" here: Foreigners provide the cash and the locals: provide contacts, how to get permits, smooth things over, keep the profit and eventually "expropriate" the business. But don't listen to me: I have been here too long.
c. Indonesians have already prepared online help for you fastrack item b. above: https://www.cekindo.com/blog/steps-opening-bar-bali

2. Money transfer.
a. You are yet to ask us to "borrow" our account for a fee?
b. https://www.cekindo.com/blog/open-bank-account-in-bali
c. https://emerhub.com/bali/opening-personal-bank-account-bali-without-residence-permit/

Last edited:

Ken Sama

Apr 13, 2023
Thank you for your reply! Somehow it all worked out. I came back from lunch and talked to my bungalow owner and her daughter has a bank account. So, I don't have to find these things, but it is good info to know what to do when in this kinda situation. We are here to help each other. A big thanks to you!

I contacted some people here, but everyone is too busy with their own affairs.... oh well. I am gonna give it a rest and go with the flow!! This might not be the place.

Thank you,
-Ken

Reactions: Padangbai Dennis

Markit

Sep 3, 2007
Karangasem, Bali
As to starting a bar, just don't! Everyone always thinks that opening a bar/cafe/resto/hotel is an easy way to make dosh. What could be easier than sitting around in the sun drinking beer and watching your staff make money for you? Right? Wrong! Ask 99% of bar owners how many hours he works hard each week and if he has a wage above minimum.

transferring money is easier: just find someone with a local bank account (expat?) and get your friend to transfer (TransferWise, now called Wise is the best IMHO) the dosh to that account unless you want to open an account here yourself? You could also open a "Wise" account and get the dosh put on a their debit card.

Reactions: YachtRock

Mark

Apr 19, 2004
Hi there, (To Smart People- who are willing to help!!

I joined this forum to find out if somebody can guide the info on how to start a local bar, but no response.. haha!!
Well, that is okay. Now, I have another question and lookin' forward to seeing if someone experienced it.
A friend of mine wants to send money to me - I know I can get it thru Western Union, but is there any bank that can take a little bit of charge and get me that amount? If you know about this then please reply.
I do not have a bank account here in Bali... so what are the best options - I don't have a KITAS to open an account yet!

Thank you,
If you wish to own said bar legally in your own name you would need to set up a PMA company. Minimum paid in capital 10 billion rupiah. Good luck, it will no doubt be an incredible bar;)

Reactions: Fred2

Markit

Sep 3, 2007
Karangasem, Bali
If you wish to own said bar legally in your own name you would need to set up a PMA company. Minimum paid in capital 10 billion rupiah. Good luck, it will no doubt be an incredible bar;)
Saying that a Dutch friend of mine opened a surf board/paddle boat shop on the beach and started selling beer and snacks from it all on the "business visa" 1 billion in and out of the Dutch account on the same day just for the documentation. He's been controlled by the Immi regularly so it must be bonafide.

Ken Sama

Apr 13, 2023
As to starting a bar, just don't! Everyone always thinks that opening a bar/cafe/resto/hotel is an easy way to make dosh. What could be easier than sitting around in the sun drinking beer and watching your staff make money for you? Right? Wrong! Ask 99% of bar owners how many hours he works hard each week and if he has a wage above minimum.

transferring money is easier: just find someone with a local bank account (expat?) and get your friend to transfer (TransferWise, now called Wise is the best IMHO) the dosh to that account unless you want to open an account here yourself? You could also open a "Wise" account and get the dosh put on a their debit card.
Hey Markit,
I really appreciate the clarity, thank you, Markit! Yes, I've given up on the idea of starting a bar. Although you warned it is too much, I had believed it would work. Although I lack the funds, I can easily locate an investor. I must therefore create new dreams for the time being. As for the bank, I already explained that the local owner of the place I am staying has a daughter who has given me access to her account, so I can receive the money there. The issue has been resolved. I greatly appreciate it.

I frequently listen to independent audios on YouTube, and I now have my own channel where I can draw in like-minded individuals and continue to broaden my thinking over time. PS: I love this quote, and that is what I am really interested to talk about... haha!!

Lovely, ThanQ!!!
When did you realize that you were a GOD? Well, one day I was praying and I found I was talking to myself...

Markit

Sep 3, 2007
Karangasem, Bali
Hey Markit,
I really appreciate the clarity, thank you, Markit! Yes, I've given up on the idea of starting a bar. Although you warned it is too much, I had believed it would work. Although I lack the funds, I can easily locate an investor. I must therefore create new dreams for the time being. As for the bank, I already explained that the local owner of the place I am staying has a daughter who has given me access to her account, so I can receive the money there. The issue has been resolved. I greatly appreciate it.

I frequently listen to independent audios on YouTube, and I now have my own channel where I can draw in like-minded individuals and continue to broaden my thinking over time. PS: I love this quote, and that is what I am really interested to talk about... haha!!

Lovely, ThanQ!!!
When did you realize that you were a GOD? Well, one day I was praying and I found I was talking to myself...
Well, if you've found something you love to talk about you're in the right place: We should be able to dismantle, dissuade and disillusion you with the least waste of valuable drinking time of any forum I'm familiar with. :cool:

Reactions: Padangbai Dennis

Ken Sama

Apr 13, 2023
Well, if you've found something you love to talk about you're in the right place: We should be able to dismantle, dissuade and disillusion you with the least waste of valuable drinking time of any forum I'm familiar with. :cool:
I'm going to assume your name is Mark. Every Friday, I have a beer here, but I also have lunch there. It's not at all packed here. It's a little dull, but I know how to pass the time by listening to some pretty enjoyable videos. I'm not sure whether you've heard of Abraham-Hicks, Bruce Lipton, Joe Dispenza, Stuart Wilden, and Wayne Dyer, but those have been some of my best teachers thus far, and recently I found this guy (or maybe I should say he found me, haa! aa! who won the lottery 4 to 5 times, and I am learning from him a lot. I prefer to have thoughtful conversations where we can broaden our minds rather than engage in insane discussions about what is happening in the world, but I haven't yet encountered anyone here that gets it.
You seem like a smart soul, right? Here is my number, and if you ever feel like having a beer with a fun conversation then lemme know. 0812-1095-6369 (WhatsApp).

-Ken

Mark

Apr 19, 2004
Saying that a Dutch friend of mine opened a surf board/paddle boat shop on the beach and started selling beer and snacks from it all on the "business visa" 1 billion in and out of the Dutch account on the same day just for the documentation. He's been controlled by the Immi regularly so it must be bonafide.
Actually the amount is 10 billion rupiah and it is not controlled by immigration, but by BKPM, the investment coordinating board. If they discover fraud or failure to pay in the required capital, the case can be referred to the prosecutor's office for legal action, and also to immigration to cancel any related Kitas. So it's nothing to play around with, though it seems many are willing to take the risk on the advice of dodgy agents.

AuroraB

Dec 17, 2021
I'm not sure whether you've heard of Abraham-Hicks, Bruce Lipton, Joe Dispenza, Stuart Wilden, and Wayne Dyer, but those have been some of my best teachers thus far
Nice list of youtube "teachers" there. I'm less ambitious so I limit myself to advice from motivational self-helper Guru Singh:

Last edited:

Markit

Sep 3, 2007
Karangasem, Bali
I'm going to assume your name is Mark. Every Friday, I have a beer here, but I also have lunch there. It's not at all packed here. It's a little dull, but I know how to pass the time by listening to some pretty enjoyable videos. I'm not sure whether you've heard of Abraham-Hicks, Bruce Lipton, Joe Dispenza, Stuart Wilden, and Wayne Dyer, but those have been some of my best teachers thus far, and recently I found this guy (or maybe I should say he found me, haa! aa! who won the lottery 4 to 5 times, and I am learning from him a lot. I prefer to have thoughtful conversations where we can broaden our minds rather than engage in insane discussions about what is happening in the world, but I haven't yet encountered anyone here that gets it.
You seem like a smart soul, right? Here is my number, and if you ever feel like having a beer with a fun conversation then lemme know. 0812-1095-6369 (WhatsApp).

-Ken
To say your list is "off the wall" would not do justice to the wall.

Funny you say you drink beer here, so do I!? Maybe your "here" is different than my "here"? I'm sure your "there" is different cause I don't eat lunch.

The universe is full of foibles and I have yet to meet one, where is your "here"?

Markit

Sep 3, 2007
Karangasem, Bali
Actually the amount is 10 billion rupiah and it is not controlled by immigration, but by BKPM, the investment coordinating board. If they discover fraud or failure to pay in the required capital, the case can be referred to the prosecutor's office for legal action, and also to immigration to cancel any related Kitas. So it's nothing to play around with, though it seems many are willing to take the risk on the advice of dodgy agents.
I'm talking about this so-called digital nomad visa that was being touted about just after the pandemic. My friend got one of those and was allowed to open his business and he only had to borrow 1 billion from his granny to put in his Dutch account for as long as it took to take a screen shot and Joss is your Dutch uncle's brother. He's had the lads in tight shirts around regularly to see he's doing all the right things but so far he's had no issues. It's all very strange.

Mark

Apr 19, 2004
I'm talking about this so-called digital nomad visa that was being touted about just after the pandemic. My friend got one of those and was allowed to open his business and he only had to borrow 1 billion from his granny to put in his Dutch account for as long as it took to take a screen shot and Joss is your Dutch uncle's brother. He's had the lads in tight shirts around regularly to see he's doing all the right things but so far he's had no issues. It's all very strange.
The digital nomad visa was only discussed, never implemented. In any case, it would not have allowed any revenue earning activity from Indonesia sources. At best your friend got an investor kitas on the back of a commitment to pay in 10 billion rupiah for a PMA company. If it's discovered that the money was never paid (a round trip of funds doesn't qualify), trouble may eventually follow...

Reactions: matsaleh and Fred2

Ken Sama

Apr 13, 2023
To say your list is "off the wall" would not do justice to the wall.

Funny you say you drink beer here, so do I!? Maybe your "here" is different than my "here"? I'm sure your "there" is different cause I don't eat lunch.

The universe is full of foibles and I have yet to meet one, where is your "here"?
Off The Wall, really..? I am just another idiot playing the dice in this game of life. haaa!! I live at this address in Ubud. >>Gang Arjuna Jl. Monkey Forest. There is this place I go to every day for lunch nearby. NasiGoreng is 25K, and the beers are the same as in the MiniMart: 40K. Presently, I am on a very low budget, so I just go out to this place on Fridays.... You have my number now. So, keep in touch, man~~!

Markit

Sep 3, 2007
Karangasem, Bali
The digital nomad visa was only discussed, never implemented. In any case, it would not have allowed any revenue earning activity from Indonesia sources. At best your friend got an investor kitas on the back of a commitment to pay in 10 billion rupiah for a PMA company. If it's discovered that the money was never paid (a round trip of funds doesn't qualify), trouble may eventually follow...
Agreed, there are now so many different visas (211 a/b/c etc.) for various jobs and seasons possible. My mate is presently having to take his newborn to Jakarta for a visa as the local Immi have decided it's necessary although the official law says not. Go figure.