nikita7

Jul 8, 2010
moscow
Can anyone provide us with the correct info how the biz is set for the foreigners?
I have heard that if you want to open a foreign company you MUST have no less than 6000$..some people say 100K.. Please lets clarify how much money you need to open a PMA, PT or CV.
I am from russia, i am 23, and i am very happy that this forum exists. In russia there is no such info:icon_cry: Especially about Bali:icon_wink:
I hope i won't be kicked from the forum for this post..
Roy, Mimpi, and all of forum mates HI from russian guy!

ronb

Aug 14, 2007
Ubud, Bali
Please lets clarify how much money you need to open a PMA, PT or CV.

Maybe it would be nice to think that there is a simple black and white answer to this question.
Roy, Mimpi, and all of forum mates HI from russian guy!

You are reviving a thread for 2006. Roy has long gone. Mimpi has gone more recently. But some forum mates remain. Anyhow, great to hear from a Russion Guy.

nikita7

Jul 8, 2010
moscow
well may be i forgot to write that i searched for that answer

if you will be so kind help me pls where i can get all the info about what kind of stuff and how much money should i have to set a pma,cv,pt. So far i know so very little but i read a lot here and its really hard to understand and find info with my russian - english.

will appreciate if someone will help.

haha, can someone translate what is pma,cv,pt. I only know that the differ in amount of providing numbers of kitas and that cv is easier to set and taxes are lower than others. And that сv and pt can only be set with indo nominee in contrast to pma.
Does pma exclude an indo nominee?

I have got a plan of setting a golf club in the south of bali so far. i need to understand how much money i need for registering a company there. i guess it will be eaither сv, or pt. Small business.

Last edited:

sakumabali

Apr 2, 2010
hi nikita,

just done with my own pma, i can answer some questions but it´s a long and tiring process (but there are always alternatives f.e. with the guaranteed 100.000 or 150.000 $ investment money in the beginning (if you know what i mean)

The best would be a relaxed consultation with a good lawyer (for free)

I know one / just contact me if you want

sakumabali

Apr 2, 2010
the 6000 $ is probably the official investment money for a PT for the local indonesian...

Foreigners can´t have a PT, they need a foreign investment company PMA - and for that you need officially 100 - 150 k proved investment money (like a copy of the bank account)

bUt as always in indonesia there are many ways....for opening a PMA you should not pay more than 50-55 million, contact f.e. Highway Bali (they did mine) or Bali Ide. Or just google, lots of adv and disadv here and there, as described in the other post, CV ist just a small business (no KITAS for a bule an if yes just with "protection" or you did it loong time ago and you have your KITAP and that´s it than), PT is for locals (you can "officially" get hired by your own company but it´s risky bro if the PT suceed you´re probably out) or PMA (you´re officially the man, all in your name, Tax department likes you very much as well)

nikita7

Jul 8, 2010
moscow
hi nikita,

just done with my own pma, i can answer some questions but it´s a long and tiring process (but there are always alternatives f.e. with the guaranteed 100.000 or 150.000 $ investment money in the beginning (if you know what i mean)

sure but i am not able to write messages yet, didnt get 10 written posts so far.
A free consultance is the best way i guess people like those who live in northern bali wont punish me for my normal questions.

you can pm me i hope with contacts and coordinates of the lawyer. by the way what is your business there? i will be staying in the south of bali, hope the lawyer stays around this area!

thnx my friend! i want my biz to be legal and without risk of being stolen by nominee and others.

Best regards, NIKITA.

spicyayam

Jan 12, 2009
i want my biz to be legal and without risk of being stolen by nominee and others.
I understand your feeling but if you can't trust anyone here to do business with, how are you going to operate? Imagine an American/Australian/Indonesian moving to Russia to try and start a business without having local partners.

You really need a lot of good contacts to do anything here. There is little information available in English on starting a business, let alone Russian.

If you use your unique talents and experience, your business won't easily be copied. If you can find good local partners who can also bring skills and contacts to the table and they are able to benefit economically from your business, it is a win-win situation for everyone.

If you open a travel agency for example, for Russian tourists, your biggest threat for someone copying your business will be someone from your own country!

Coming up with the idea is easy, the problem most people have is actually taking the idea and creating a business.

There does seem to be an increase in Russian tourists in Bali. Is Bali as a travel destination well known in Russia?

nikita7

Jul 8, 2010
moscow
Yes and the trend is also growing up! Most people come in may, july, aug, sept, dec-jan.

as far the economy grows, there is a trend on luxury type of vocations.

Turkey, Egypt and so on for many russians are like traveling to their dachas. It is too usual for them. They want smth unusual, they want discoveries.. Thats way thai, indo has recently become attractive. But still there are many of them who travel fifth time to egypt to the same hotel. :icon_lol:

Well, Marc, and if you own a golf club for example you will be competing with international companies which is even worse. But finding a niche like mini golf will do))
But you know what. You should not be afraid of copying, you should be afraid of players who are already in this game. newcomers are no fear, they do not have money to compete, reputation, loyalty and so on. Big players is the only thread. Therefore you have to find a niche that is not captured by biggies because they focus on something more global. For example mini golf. Golf is popular in bali because of its respectfulness and huge green areas and mini golf is not. The other way to compete is to create some kind of innovation to your biz. That will do also.

I guess you were right when you were saying that without trusty relationships a successful biz will not live. But as an investor i want to be sure and be document supported that all that i rented, built, organized relates to me and that i am the owner even if the company and the documents are written on nominee's name. Is that possible? i guess this thing is possible when you will make up a company document. But what about the land that is being rented? For example i rented for 3 years land and have built a golf course. After the renting document is over the owner will say thanks for building a golf here, i have no further interest in selling you this land. THAT IS POSSIBLE. HOW to struggle??any ideas??

wow, great, Marc!

Thanx for the connect, my regards to you! Definitely i will meet him when i come to Bali!

How long have you been living in Bali?
You did a great job! Hope i can make it one day like you there!

May i ask a question? Did you use your own savings and risking mostly everything you had when you decided to move to Bali and open a pma and starting developing this business ?

Once again thank you, mate!

kwong

Jul 23, 2010
the 6000 $ is probably the official investment money for a PT for the local indonesian...

Foreigners can´t have a PT, they need a foreign investment company PMA - and for that you need officially 100 - 150 k proved investment money (like a copy of the bank account)

bUt as always in indonesia there are many ways....for opening a PMA you should not pay more than 50-55 million, contact f.e. Highway Bali (they did mine) or Bali Ide. Or just google, lots of adv and disadv here and there, as described in the other post, CV ist just a small business (no KITAS for a bule an if yes just with "protection" or you did it loong time ago and you have your KITAP and that´s it than), PT is for locals (you can "officially" get hired by your own company but it´s risky bro if the PT suceed you´re probably out) or PMA (you´re officially the man, all in your name, Tax department likes you very much as well)

Sorry NIKITA7 for hijacking your post. I would like to know more on the regulations and requirements to start a business and the consequences of having the business under my name as compared to having one under a local name.

Does anyone know how bad is the corruption over there? for example, do they come collect "fees" every mth? whats the usual "fees" (20-30% of the profit)?

I hope someone with experience could help clear my doubts. Cheers

nikita7

Jul 8, 2010
moscow
it s OK, Kwong. But i still look forward that someone anwers one qustion i posted:
But what about the land that is being rented? For example i rented for 3 years land and have built a golf course. After the renting document is over the owner will say thanks for building a golf here, i have no further interest in renting you this land. THAT IS POSSIBLE. HOW to struggle??

sakumabali

Apr 2, 2010
Hi Nikita & Kwong,

wondering why you get no detailed answers?
it is difficult to answer all these general questions about legal ownership & structure here in Indonesia as an expat especially via the internet, there was never here (at least not for me) a source where I could easily get all those answers & information, it was always learning by doing (if i had to choose again i would do it differently). We just all kept asking other expats & collecting information. The problem is that sometimes they advise you do st they did 10 years ago (often not really 100 % legal, sth you can´t do anymore, luckily otherwise it would be still a dog eat dog country, there have to be RULES otherwise just the rich people with influence write the history books) but again luckily Indonesia started to change, still a long way but it´s a start.
So I would strongly suggest that BEFORE you invest any money you better go to a balinese investment lawyer (I can give you some number of lawyer / notaris) and get info re all these things.
It will definetely make no sense to set up a PMA for just a minigolf lane, but if there´s a restaurant included etc maybe it would. It is 1 thing to ask here "how much is a PMA?" but another "Does it make sense for me to have a PMA?", there are people here studied this for 4 years and earning money now by creating investment strategies for their customers.

1 answer: if you sign a leasehold contract WITHOUT the, clearly phrased, right to be authorized / enabled to take all items ON the land with you after the contract has expired, the landlord owns all.

Regards

Marc

nikita7

Jul 8, 2010
moscow
Marc, thanks a lot.. but can you imagine how much items is needed to be taken with me? all the trees and plants, all the green, fountains and so on..and where to keep them before they die..? well... at least i can save some money by these operations anyway .. oh boy,tough..

BaliHIC

Jul 19, 2010
Consultation with good lawyer

hi nikita,

Hi sakumabali,

This is my first reply on this site and my first experience with this type of forum. So I hope I have done it correct.

I saw the offer you made to nikita regarding a referral to a good lawyer. I too am considering investment and/or retirement options in Bali. I am an Australian citizen that has travelled to Asian countries for many years for holidays but find the climate, people, culture and location of Bali possibly a suitable option for business investment with longer term plan of some form of retirement. Therefore I am wondering if you would be willing to provide information about the lawyer you recommend. My intention would be to meet with them for a general information consultation and to build my knowledge network in Bali.

Hope you can help.

BaliHIC

Brandon

Jul 30, 2010
Consultatio with a good lawyer

Hi Bali HIC, Nikita & Kwong,

I send you a pm...

regards

marc

Hi Marc,

Would I be able to get that info on a good laywer that you sent Bali HIC,Nikita & Kwong? I am visiting Bali in a weeks time and want to meet with several laywers regarding setting up a business so any that you can recommend would be really appreciated!

Thanks in advane!

Brandon