Housing advice in Jimbaran

mjt

Feb 19, 2017
Recently moved to Bali for work. I work in Jimbaran and would like to find housing in this area. I'm currently in corporate housing until the end of the month, but need to find something else. Ideally, I'd like to rent monthly for the first couple months (starting in August) while I get to know the area and feel out the new job before finding more permanent year-long rental accommodations by October. My partner will be joining me in a few weeks on a retirement visa that will require him to hire a helper. We're looking for something at least 2 bedrooms to start, ideally 3 or 4 once we go yearly so that we have plenty of space for friends and family that want to come stay with us. We'd like something with living space that can be closed, a pool, not too far from restaurants/shopping etc, with maid's room, air conditioning, good internet, and adequate wattage. An ocean view is a dream for me, but not a deal breaker. Our budget is ideally under 30mil IDR monthly or 300mil IDR yearly. Would it be better to search on our own or go through a real estate agent and if so, can anyone recommend a good one for the Jimbaran area?

ronb

Aug 14, 2007
Ubud, Bali
Both. Do leg work yourself but be open to agents. Looks! At rumah123.com. Your budget is OK, not real tight like with some newbies.