MikeG

Feb 18, 2010
Gatsu, Denpasar
MikeG said:
"Yes, it is still legal......"

Be careful !

Yes,it is legal to drink alcohol (if you are not muslim)
But it's illegal to make alcohol without licence.
And there is no chance to get a licence anymore :-(
As I know it's just allowed to make max 6 liter for your own use per month or per year (?).
It's my knowledge from a few years ago but I can't imagine there is any changes for easier handling with alcohol
It certainly is LEGAL to make it but it is ILLEGAL to sell it without a licence, and that won't happen. A neighbor of mine is a police Lt. Col.who wants me to teach \omeone from each of the kampung with which he has a relationship. Also, he took a sample off each of my products to be checked in the police laboratory - they were all found to conform to the existing law - BUT not for sale, of course.

MikeG

Feb 18, 2010
Gatsu, Denpasar
MikeG said:
"Yes, it is still legal......"

Be careful !

Yes,it is legal to drink alcohol (if you are not muslim)
But it's illegal to make alcohol without licence.
And there is no chance to get a licence anymore :-(
As I know it's just allowed to make max 6 liter for your own use per month or per year (?).
It's my knowledge from a few years ago but I can't imagine there is any changes for easier handling with alcohol
There is nothing ILLEGAL about Muslims drinking alcohol but it is against their own regulations, despite there being no mention of it in their Holy Book.

MikeG

Feb 18, 2010
Gatsu, Denpasar
Thanks for the comments, Ronb and Jimbo, I was thinking of giving it a try - currently still looking for the right glass container. Tried to have it 'custom made' in Mas by one of the glass shops, but it didn't work out - as it was hand blown glass, it was difficult to get the right size (volume) and the right measurement for the bottle neck :) Any idea if there is a bottle factory somewhere here?
Use food grade plastic containers -.they are lighter to move and don't break easily.