Will I Am

Oct 25, 2013
$11 beers!!! Eff me!! Have you buy chance read The 4 Hour Work Week? It sounds like you have with your live by the seat if your pants approach! I've read it-just need to take the leap...but I'm workin on it trust me!!!

Nope but it sounds like a great book.. Who wrote it? Jack Reacher..lol

no.idea

Feb 22, 2011
Sanur
088.jpg
Markit and Dunaden have no idea. Next they will try and tell me that there is something wrong with the pretty girl.
(My mate really did not know. When he asked her to come home, I had to stop him.)

Will I Am

Oct 25, 2013
Hi guys,

3 Days out now.... Can anyone help me with a few details..?

Will I be able to buy a micro sim for an iPhone 5, on a pay as you go data package over there?

What is the best package and who is the provider for reasonable data and calls around Seminyak and Ubud?

Where would you shop in Seminyak and Ubud for day to day food?

What does a local expat pay for a scooter per week?

What does a litre of fuel cost a local expat?
Is it cheaper to buy or make food there?

All sorted now and winding the last few details up over this side, and looking foreword to the move on Thursday...

Anyone want to grab a beer in Seminyak on Friday arvo? It would be great to get some Bali low down, face to face....

I hope that sounds right... Lol..

Cheers,

Will

Last edited:

Rangi

May 23, 2011
Legian
What does a local expat pay for a scooter per week?

What does a litre of fuel cost a local expat?
l

Aim for 500, 000 IDR a month for an older bike or 600 000 IDR for a newer Bike

6 500 IDR a Liter from gas stations or 7 000 IDR for like .75 liters from the people that sell bottled gas in the street so obviously using the gas stations is the best option there.

ferdie

Apr 4, 2013
Near Ubud
The Sim card here doesn't have any problem with Iphone 5 as long as you unlocked the before you come to Bali.

I would recommend XL or IM3 for data package in Bali.

On groceries you would find a lot of mini market and supermarket around Ubud for your daily needs, so no worries there, but don't expect the price would guarantee the quality.

It is always cheaper making your own food, especially if you have a certain standard for what you drink and eat, most food in Bali lacks in small details that could be irritating for those guys.

Will I Am

Oct 25, 2013
The Sim card here doesn't have any problem with Iphone 5 as long as you unlocked the before you come to Bali.

I would recommend XL or IM3 for data package in Bali.

On groceries you would find a lot of mini market and supermarket around Ubud for your daily needs, so no worries there, but don't expect the price would guarantee the quality.

It is always cheaper making your own food, especially if you have a certain standard for what you drink and eat, most food in Bali lacks in small details that could be irritating for those guys.

Cool thanks guys,

Any idea on what to expect to pay for a sim and some airtime?

Where is best to get this in Seminyak?

... And what are the realistic rates been offered on AUD on the x trade around Semnyak, or is it still best to buy forex at the airport before leaving?

The help is much appreciated, and this forum has been a gem of wealth so far - thanks all.

Cheers
Will