Hi from Sumbawa (Not exactly Bali)

tcurran

Nov 3, 2022
Hi everybody,
Woking in Sumbawa and constantly weekending in Bali so I sort of qualify?

Also looking for some contact or agent to deal with Customs in Jakarta- anybody here have connections to support getting luggage out of customs (after they impounded it) ?
Appreciate any help

AuroraB

Dec 17, 2021
Hi there, Suggest you start out without an agent,

Look up https://www.beacukai.go.id/pengaduan.html and use google translate if need be.
Suggest you send an email to pengaduan.beacukai@customs.go.id with cc bcpasarbaru@gmail.com

These email addresses are for the complaints service for Direktorat Jenderal Bea dan Cukai. "Pengaduan" means complaint in Indonesian.

Use polite form (Yang Terhormat Bapak, Ibu) as introduction.
Provide all pertinent information to identify yourself, your shipment problem and which customs office is holding up the shipment.

Ask what customs need from you to release your shipment.

I had a shipment held up for 4 weeks once and it was released quickly without any extra money involved after I used the above contact email.

Cheers

tcurran

Nov 3, 2022
Hi there, Suggest you start out without an agent,

Look up https://www.beacukai.go.id/pengaduan.html and use google translate if need be.
Suggest you send an email to pengaduan.beacukai@customs.go.id with cc bcpasarbaru@gmail.com

These email addresses are for the complaints service for Direktorat Jenderal Bea dan Cukai. "Pengaduan" means complaint in Indonesian.

Use polite form (Yang Terhormat Bapak, Ibu) as introduction.
Provide all pertinent information to identify yourself, your shipment problem and which customs office is holding up the shipment.

Ask what customs need from you to release your shipment.

I had a shipment held up for 4 weeks once and it was released quickly without any extra money involved after I used the above contact email.

Cheers
Hey thanks very much for this- i will follow up immediately and let you know how it goes.

Markit

Sep 3, 2007
Karangasem, Bali
Hi everybody,
Woking in Sumbawa and constantly weekending in Bali so I sort of qualify?

Also looking for some contact or agent to deal with Customs in Jakarta- anybody here have connections to support getting luggage out of customs (after they impounded it) ?
Appreciate any help
Hey, welcome to the forum. Would love to know what you are doing on Sumbawa as was there a few years ago and the main industry seems to be driving modified VW Beatles around with huge rotary saws mounted on them in search of the last tree on the island.

tcurran

Nov 3, 2022
Hey, welcome to the forum. Would love to know what you are doing on Sumbawa as was there a few years ago and the main industry seems to be driving modified VW Beatles around with huge rotary saws mounted on them in search of the last tree on the island.
Hi Markit,

Not a lot happening in Sumbawa apart from the surfers and occasional fishing trip.
I am working on some construction sites -Mining mostly so dont get to see much during daylight hours.
The amount of forestry being cleared is sinful and the pollution in the locality also stomach churning but i guess we did all that in Europe 50 years ago so who are we to complain?

Markit

Sep 3, 2007
Karangasem, Bali
Hi Markit,

Not a lot happening in Sumbawa apart from the surfers and occasional fishing trip.
I am working on some construction sites -Mining mostly so dont get to see much during daylight hours.
The amount of forestry being cleared is sinful and the pollution in the locality also stomach churning but i guess we did all that in Europe 50 years ago so who are we to complain?
If all that wasn't bad enough it's also shockingly difficult to get a cold beer, not to say fecking expensive.