dave java

Sep 22, 2020
I live in Malaysia but my wife is from few hours from Surabaya. Would be interested to know if much to do there as only really been through the city. Is nearest airport anyway so be good if could find some things to do there for future trips.

dave java

Sep 22, 2020
my wife does not know much about Surabaya as she is 3 hours away by car (about 7 before they made the toll) and she has not lived in Indonesia for last 20 years

Markit

Sep 3, 2007
Karangasem, Bali
Why would you choose to live in Surabaya? I mean Bali or even Lombok is better by miles/kilometers and if you say because your wife's family is there then I would suggest an even better reason NOT to live there. They will be all over you like white-on-rice trust me!

Reactions: Fred2 and Balifrog

dave java

Sep 22, 2020
Oh no just meant for when over as have to go through surabaya anyway, so if there was anything worth doing while there. Yeah bali seems best place although not been lombok yet.

Fred2

Oct 13, 2010
Surabaya/Australia
Markit is correct please do not go near Surabaya or Java , there is nothing to do or see and its dangerous, many westerns are taken on a daily bases by local head hunters. Please for your own safety Stay Away:mad:

• Haha
Reactions: tel522