Bali Villa Sales

Villas of Bali ™ is the trusted real estate company that offers the most beautiful villas for sale on Bali. Visit our experienced and helpful staff in our office in Seminyak, or search the extensive villa listing online at www.balivillasales.com, providing the most exclusive properties for sale. Villas of Bali ™ stands for quality, integrity and trust. We help you save time and money, while providing you peace of mind of your property related needs. Send us an email to info@villasofbali.com, or call us at +62 878 6249 3526.

1. Welcome Guest to the new look Balipod. If you are an existing member, just sign up with your usual username/password. Any problems you can post them here
    Dismiss Notice

Hi, another two wantng to call Bali home

Discussion in 'Bali Expat Forum' started by Webbysone, Sep 11, 2017.

1. Webbysone

Webbysone New Member

Hey everybody. My wife and I have been living in Europe in half a dozen countries for the past 7-10 years, and now back in Australia. We find it really expensive and with more rules, regulations and "can't do's" than the Inquisition on a bad day. I used to live in Western Australia 15-20 years ago and visited Bali as the "$100 a day, flight included" tourist a few times, and loved the place. It seems logical to return and have a look around and find "hot rock" to lay on in a couple of months. If all goes well we'll bring the boat that we call home over and find a place to moor her but that won't be until next year sometime. We hope to find plenty of local folk to make it interesting and hopefully some knowledgeable ones from here to save us a few dramas. Thanks in anticipation.

2. ronb

ronb Active Member

Hi Webbysone, good luck with your planning. Living on a boat sounds fun maybe. I'm not experienced but my guess is that in the tropics you don't want to spend time in a small cabin, but rather want to be on deck with shelter from rain. If you give more details like your age, whether you need to be earning while here or are self funded, etc - then you may get more useful feedback.

3. Webbysone

Webbysone New Member

hi ronb, she's big enough to have full head room and air con (if you want to pay the power bill) and good size decks. we got her cheap as the decks need relaying. as this will cost the gdp of a small nation to do in australia, this was another thought behind bringing her to bali.
    i'm 64 so not pension age for another year yet but we have a small income that pays our bills in aus so should do it there, especially if we can live on the boat. i'll post a question about marinas in bali and see if i get any answers.
    where's the best place to info living, shopping, rules etc etc once we're there in a couple of months? this forum or is there a bar/club etc that expats frequent? cheers

4. spicyayam

spicyayam Well-Known Member

I live in Lovina and you can see a few boats pull in off the coast. There is a yacht rally Sail Indonesia that also passes through in September.

I don't know about getting repairs here though. Another option might be Sulawesi which is well known for boat builders and a good timber source.

A forum member even built a boat there @SHoggard You should be able to find his contact details if you click on his profile.

5. Webbysone

Webbysone New Member

cheers, i'll check that out, thanks