Barekarma

Jan 8, 2012
Denpasar
Newbe meet up?

Hi Matt,
I noticed your posting, which 'went a bit tangent'. I tried to follow the thread, and I think I agree.
Do I understand that you wanted to meet-up with other Balipod members, just to match posts with faces?
If so, may be there is a new thread here.
I am a new member of the forum (albeit I have been in Bali for one year), not found out how to put a pic up yet...that new! But meeting new people is always welcome. So maybe this thread can start again. What do you think?
Barekarma

spicyayam

Jan 12, 2009
If you want to organize a meet up I would suggest just announcing a date/time/place in a month's time and you will get whoever can make it. I had family here for Christmas so couldn't make the Boxing day bbq. The meetups I have been to in the past have always been fun and a great way to meet some new people.

Barekarma

Jan 8, 2012
Denpasar
Meet -up of newbe's

Thanks Spicyayam, for the suggestion. From the number of postings listed, you appear to be a regular in Balipod. So where is the best location for such a meet-up? Sanur/Canggu/Kerobokan? All advice welcomed.
Barekama

ronb

Aug 14, 2007
Ubud, Bali
We've had a couple in Sanur. Why not try Kerobokan or Canggu? Just pick a pleasant spot where the prices are reasonable.

Barekarma

Jan 8, 2012
Denpasar
We've had a couple in Sanur. Why not try Kerobokan or Canggu? Just pick a pleasant spot where the prices are reasonable.

Thanks for the feedback. As soon as I can find a place easy to find, park and reasonable (ie cheap), then I will set a date and aim for a call out to Balipod folk.
Barekarma