Villas of Bali ™ is the trusted real estate company that offers the most beautiful villas for sale on Bali. Visit our experienced and helpful staff in our office in Seminyak, or search the extensive villa listing online at www.balivillasales.com, providing the most exclusive properties for sale. Villas of Bali ™ stands for quality, integrity and trust. We help you save time and money, while providing you peace of mind of your property related needs. Send us an email to info@villasofbali.com, or call us at +62 878 6249 3526.

1. Welcome Guest to the new look Balipod. If you are an existing member, just sign up with your usual username/password. Any problems you can post them here
    Dismiss Notice

Help with Visa for my Girlfriend

Discussion in 'Bali Visa Questions and Answers' started by ChrisJ, Feb 28, 2017.

1. ChrisJ

ChrisJ New Member

I'am 25 live in Australia and my girlfriend is 17, lives in Jakarta
    she has all required documents, ID card, passport, birth cert., etc

1. I'am unsure if I should ask my sister/mother to sponsor her or be the sponsor myself?
    (as age gap and they might worry she will not return)

2. Is it better to have 5k AUD and show my bank statement and agree to pay for everything?
    or put the money suddenly into her account?
    (or put money in mothers/sisters account and get them to make bank statement)
    (im happy to do any option stated above, yes she has bank card)

3. Will asking for 3 month visa make it hard to get a first time visa accepted?
    (or should we just ask for 1month)

4. Is it possible to make new visa for Australia when she is here?
    (or would it be best to make a trip to bali/jakarta and re-apply for new visa)

Hopefully no hate or silly comments, as I'am seriously curious and would like to apply before the week is finished

2. spicyayam

spicyayam Active Member

You usually have to prove that you own property in Indonesia, or have a job, family or business to come back to, otherwise it is difficult.

Maybe you can just try your luck and see what happens. If you have money to burn, maybe contact an agent to help. If your application is refused apparently they don't tell you why it was rejected and there is no refund.

A working holiday visa is another option if she wants to stay for an extended period. As someone mentioned in the other thread, sending someone $5000 is not a good idea and probably not necessary.

3. ChrisJ

ChrisJ New Member

The money side of things is not my concern, I have known her for 8 months and never been asked for money and I stayed with her and her family free of charge and things while visiting Indonesia.

So I would just like to know if her having family and a previous employer state she has a job and can work when she returns is enough?

4. spicyayam

spicyayam Active Member

It's impossible to know what is "enough". When I visited Australia with my wife, my mum and sister wrote letters for support. We might have gone overboard with the documentation.

One thing that is important. The application needs to be as honest as possible. They do check up on any information you provide with phone calls etc.

5. ChrisJ

ChrisJ New Member

thank you very much :)

6. Markit

Markit Active Member

Would it not be possible for her to get one of those student working visas that the whole western world uses to get picking jobs in Oz?

7. ChrisJ

ChrisJ New Member

I was focusing all my attention as I was told a "tourism visa" is easier to get granted as first time traveler?