davita

Mar 13, 2012
Of course most of us love our pets, isn't that why we have them....and I'm truly sorry no.ideas' dogs so callously died.

But is no.idea saying that people purposely put poison on the beach to kill dogs....I find that crazy and indiscriminate, anyway, who does that? Even the Ambonese don't poison the dog before the BBQ meal...they are selected, put in a bag, and beat to death with a bat!

I understand there is a dog euthenasia program in Bali to attempt to control rabies...and I believe that unregistered and wild dogs are the ones identified for this process. But this is the first I've heard of unauthorised people setting up dog traps on a beach....what would happen if a stray rat came-by looking for a meal?

Our own Pomeranian lived for 15 years in Hong Kong and Vancouver/Arizona but he would never be off a leash when outdoors and I never allowed him to lick or eat street food...he dined on buntut and boiled chicken and occasional eukanuba mixed with chocolate!

Joe Writeson

Jul 30, 2013
Indonesia
Do you actually know what compassion means mr writer, give us a few words in proper English so that we can all understand. BTW I am sure no idea is thrilled with your apology....

...hmmm is this a quiz?... anagrams perhaps?... Thing is if you are going to 'quote' someone it is usually good form not to mess with the 'quote' to make it look a bit ...unbalanced... and another thing I don't know which version or what browser you are using but my original post was definitely in English ...oh and look there ..it still IS... methinks the cooking sherry is getting hammered... and NOt the only thing ...

ferdie

Apr 4, 2013
Near Ubud
@Davita, you do know that Chocolate is bad for dogs right?

Joewrite, IMO, watching your pet dying in front of your eye was never nice experience and also making fun of that experience

davita

Mar 13, 2012
@Davita, you do know that Chocolate is bad for dogs right?/QUOTE]

Actually ferdia I didn't before until someone saw me give Goldie a chocolate cookie and told me the same. I panicked and called the vet that normally cared for our dog and he told me to never give dogs chocolate!

"Too late" I replied "Goldie has been eating chocolate for 10 years!" He died of old age at 15....still eating chocolate.:icon_question:

I still have his ashes in a sealed memorial casket with instructions he will be buried in Bali waters with me.....when I expire.
My current problem is that I caught my wife talking with a fishboat guy on Sanur beach recently....and she wasn't buying fish!:icon_e_surprised:

Last edited:

scout

Jun 25, 2010
Ubud
...hmmm is this a quiz?... anagrams perhaps?... Thing is if you are going to 'quote' someone it is usually good form not to mess with the 'quote' to make it look a bit ...unbalanced... and another thing I don't know which version or what browser you are using but my original post was definitely in English ...oh and look there ..it still IS... methinks the cooking sherry is getting hammered... and NOt the only thing ...

You are a total jerk and not at all funny...cooking sherry, not at your level my dear... Moet perhaps...messing with your quote, who would bother ... And English, bad English IMHO of course .....

Joe Writeson

Jul 30, 2013
Indonesia
You are a total jerk and not at all funny...cooking sherry, not at your level my dear... Moet perhaps...messing with your quote, who would bother ... And English, bad English IMHO of course .....

'Total jerk' ...ouch ...cutting edge stuff ....I thought we'd left the colonies enough English to at least put together a few choice insults,but obviously not...so here's a few you can use when taunting me in future 'wanker' 'tosser' 'scrotum' 'mingebag' 'ballbag' 'genius' (used in an ironic manner)...

'funny' ...never ever said I was... or claimed to be the saviour of world comedy... too many politicians in the queue...

Sorry I am NOT your 'Dear'... us international authors really do have to watch out for Cathy/Misery Bates style 'fans'
... Moet? Very nice... if you like the cheaper things in life...

...the quote...well someone bothered then deleted it ...I wasn't interested enough to check who it was though...

Anyway a solid C+ there for your efforts but I'm afraid 'could do better'...

MoJoe

Feb 15, 2013
Jakarta
...oh yes ....got it now .... absolutely hilarious...I was looking for some Oscar Wilde style wordplay and instead we got Benny Hill...

....anymore 'botty' jokes to share?

Oscar who? You should be more earnest with your postings mate, and not beat around the bush so much.

:topsy_turvy::topsy_turvy:

Joe Writeson

Jul 30, 2013
Indonesia
I'm disappointed Joe....You could have wished for Joji to "have a grorian day!"

G'Day Davita ... I was going along that route then got sidetracked... the music muse paid a visit and we just HAD to hear some Edif Piaf...

....besides ...don't want to piss off the Ubud Net Nazis by possibly misquoting Ozzie...

..and speaking of Ubud ...are the couple still living there that walk around dressed as Heathcliffe and Kate Bush? I used to think I was a few cans short of a six-pack until I saw them nutters...

davita

Mar 13, 2012
I can see it now Joe...the opening at the Ubud Arts Festival of "The Importance of being Earnest" a play by Oscar Wilde about nothing...a sequel to "Seinfeld'.

Actor cum speech therapist Ozzie Osbourne, accompanied by Black Sabbath, gives a dazzling display of being both a drunk and a homosexual (or is unsure of which came first). Lyricist soprano Edith Piaf (who really wanted to be a nurse and apparently died....but secretly works for the CIA) re-appears and sings in English, although nobody will notice. The costume settings are provided by Kelly Osbourne, Ozzies daughter through artificial insemination...(coz there's was no-way Ozzie could, in his day, get it up long enough for her to be naturally conceived). She was given the blessing from the Fashion Police and Joan Rivers, who appeared in the original Oscar Wilde production, and has been lent from the wax museum for this event.

There must be more adverts for this grand comedy....so I'll leave it up to you guys to add comment.

My only forays to Ubud is when I have to take our overseas visitors...I usually manage to perch myself on the street opposite the market, in a pub where they sell Bintang in a jug. There I wait till they have exhausted themselves, or I throw-up!. My wife gives unflailing support coz' i'm a shoppers nightmare...I$*&5 hate it!
If someone else is paying....I do enjoy a cocktail, or even a meal, at Bridges.

Last edited:

gilbert de jong

Jan 20, 2009
Panji, Singaraja.
'Total jerk' ...ouch ...cutting edge stuff ....I thought we'd left the colonies enough English to at least put together a few choice insults,but obviously not...so here's a few you can use when taunting me in future 'wanker' 'tosser' 'scrotum' 'mingebag' 'ballbag' 'genius' (used in an ironic manner)...

'funny' ...never ever said I was... or claimed to be the saviour of world comedy... too many politicians in the queue...

Sorry I am NOT your 'Dear'... us international authors really do have to watch out for Cathy/Misery Bates style 'fans'
... Moet? Very nice... if you like the cheaper things in life...

...the quote...well someone bothered then deleted it ...I wasn't interested enough to check who it was though...

Anyway a solid C+ there for your efforts but I'm afraid 'could do better'...

MoJoe

no taunting and just my opinion, "pretentious little wannabe writer"...hits closer to home imo.

Joe Writeson

Jul 30, 2013
Indonesia
no taunting and just my opinion, "pretentious little wannabe writer"...hits closer to home imo.

So...
... pretentious - oui, certainement!
... little - putting it in perspective, yes, agreed, seeing I lost nearly 50kgs in weight during my seven months hospitalisation
... wannabe - a bit too MTV/80's for me, I prefer 'aspiring'.
... writer - three published books ... international sales... first prize in a recent literary competition... pending articles for several large circulation 'glossies' ... two articles up and coming in 'in flight' magazines ... interest in 'From Jarrow to Java' from a pair of well known Brit TV scriptwriters... submitted an outline for a 'Pilot TV Show' based on tourists misbehaving abroad to an Australian production company, meeting in March to develop further... an independent film producer wants to expand one of my short stories into an idea for a movie ... three more works in progress in the 'From Jarrow' series...seven novels at varying stages of development ... I have four 'heavy hitters' in the literary world 'following' one of my social network accounts... oh and several technical writing projects, but that's bread and butter stuff ... dunno what else I have to do to qualify as a 'writer' though ... luckily being 'legless' I have nothing better to do all day than sit on me arse and 'write' ... can't really think of any other ways I can earn money and support my family ... however I am always open to constructive suggestions...

I do note and respect your double use of the 'in my opinion' phrase and to add balanced critical opinions I would like to add your comment exactly as it stands to my website... with your permission of course...

Have a nice day and a better one tomorrow ...

gilbert de jong

Jan 20, 2009
Panji, Singaraja.
Is this the new "tough love" Gil? :applause:

nothing new here buddy, as usual I am just calling them as I see it...
"beat around the bush" or use "wordplay" is a waist of time,
and it certainly doesn't help keeping the communication clear and understandable for all who read the forum.

davita

Mar 13, 2012
nothing new here buddy, as usual I am just calling them as I see it...
"beat around the bush" or use "wordplay" is a waist of time,
and it certainly doesn't help keeping the communication clear and understandable for all who read the forum.

Well Gilbert...given that Joe and my approval rating for the amount of contributions we have made, as we are fairly new to the forum, is around 18%...and yours is only about 2.5% and you've made nearly 3000 posts in 5 years... I'd suggest to play catch-up in the 'clear communication and understandability' department, whether you think it a waste of time or not.

Most forum debate is a waste of time!

Last edited: