Hello strangers

Jimbo

Jan 11, 2005
Manchester and Makassar
Just wanted to wish you guys a safe life during the present situation. I was on my annual visit to Sulewesi when all this started and was frightend of being here and no way out. I managed to get flights for myself and Maria and arrived back in the UK a week ago. As you will have seen it gets worse everyday and I am on a 12 week lockdown due to being at risk. I considered staying in Indonesia but the health costs are exorbitant.
What made things worse was my children were due to come to the land of their birth but all the flights got cancelled so the visit and trip to Bali was cancelled. Hope you guys are staying safe.

Jimbo

Markit

Sep 3, 2007
Karangasem, Bali
Should have stayed here when you had the chance. If I had my choice: lockdown in the UK or Bali there would be no problem deciding on Bali - weather, food (no shortages here in the shops - no shops :). Take care.

SamD

Sep 7, 2006
Seminyak
Pastors being arrested in the US for breaking stay-in-place laws. Police polluting local swimming holes in the UK to stop people from swimming. Hotlines being set up in the UK so people can grass up their neighbours for breaking the lock down laws. We have arrived at an Orwellian totalitarian State in a matter of weeks and nobody has said boo. The only people who are happy are the loony left who can blame it all on Donald Trump. The awful Pelosi and her deranged cohorts used the crisis to try and porkbarrel their insane green new deal through congress.

Yep. Glad I am in Bali and can watch the madness from a distance. But I fear it may eventually spread here too.

Reactions: Adam

Jimbo

Jan 11, 2005
Manchester and Makassar
Well for better or worse we are in the UK. I would have loved to stay but medical facilities in Makassar are exhorbitant and having survived lung cancer in October last year I just could not take the risk. Apart from that I agree with Markit.