Health Insurance

Jimbo

Jan 11, 2005
Manchester and Makassar
Can someone explain what this means please, apologies if asked before:

1. Proof of insurance coverage from an insurance company incorporated as a legal entity in Indonesia that covers health costs during the traveller’s stay in Indonesia.
It seems to suggest buying insurance in Indonesia. If not how can I find out what insurance companies are incorporated in Indonesia. Grateful if any info on this and how the checks are carried out at immigration. Not been home for over 2 years and desperate to return.

As an aside greetings to all old timers in here.

Markit

Sep 3, 2007
Karangasem, Bali
Might I suggest some artistic use of Photoshop along with the buying of some travel insurance affiliated with Indonesia? Most of the main ones such as Allianz.

Reactions: RossM

AuroraB

Dec 17, 2021

1. Proof of insurance coverage from an insurance company incorporated as a legal entity in Indonesia that covers health costs during the traveller’s stay in Indonesia.
It seems to suggest buying insurance in Indonesia. If not how can I find out what insurance companies are incorporated in Indonesia. Grateful if any info on this and how the checks are carried out at immigration. Not been home for over 2 years and desperate to return.

As an aside greetings to all old timers in here.

1: Official regulation:

Yes, I have seen some sources (Embassies?) ref. to 'insurance company incorporated as a legal entity in Indonesia'.
Now I used google translate on the official regulation issued 18 May 2022 -- and there is no mention of having to use insurance purchased from insurer incorporated in Indonesia:

Translation: "...for PPLN foreigners, attach proof of ownership of health insurance
which includes financing for handling COVID-19 and medical evacuation
go to a referral hospital with a minimum amount of coverage according to
determined by the organizer, manager, or local government
"

Virtually identical Translation can also be found under:

2: Bali local requirements:

WelcomeBackToBali information site:

Under VOA and "International Travelers Entry Conditions" it is mentioned "requirement" to buy insurance via Jagawisata:
"Travel insurance with COVID-19 coverage per person (booking on line through: https://www.jagawisata.com/COVID19/). or check with your CHSE certified accommodation if they offer the Jaga Wisata as part of the add on service when booking your stay".

According to this site:
Here it is stated that Jagawisata insurance is an OPTION in the event your own travel insurance do not have cover for Bali.

Summary: This Jagawisata insurance cost US$34/month, maximum US$34,000 bill and for Covid-19 only -- i.e. this insurance appears to be redundant. I would recommend travel insurance with reputed international insurer w/comprehensive medical cover, medical evacuation, repatriation AND this insurance will usually cover covid-19 as well.

Last edited:

nativeinbali

May 23, 2022
Hello - New here - Does this include insurance options for long term stays? I'm planning on coming over for one year.

AuroraB

Dec 17, 2021
Hello - New here - Does this include insurance options for long term stays? I'm planning on coming over for one year.

The Jagawista covid-19 medical insurance can be purchased based on start/end date when signing up, so 1 yr should be possible. As I mentioned in post #3 this is a covid-19 only insurance with very limited financial coverage, so at the best a "supplement' to a proper travel/medical insurance w/comprehensive medical cover, medical evacuation & repatriation.

I haven't checked lately but if I'm not wrong companies like WorldNomads offer plans from US$75/month.

Reactions: nativeinbali

SamD

Sep 7, 2006
Seminyak
The Jagawista covid-19 medical insurance can be purchased based on start/end date when signing up, so 1 yr should be possible. As I mentioned in post #3 this is a covid-19 only insurance with very limited financial coverage, so at the best a "supplement' to a proper travel/medical insurance w/comprehensive medical cover, medical evacuation & repatriation.

I haven't checked lately but if I'm not wrong companies like WorldNomads offer plans from US$75/month.
The problem with these plans is that you only ever find out if they are worth anything when the time comes to make a claim. By then, it is too late.

Jimbo

Jan 11, 2005
Manchester and Makassar
1: Official regulation:

Yes, I have seen some sources (Embassies?) ref. to 'insurance company incorporated as a legal entity in Indonesia'.
Now I used google translate on the official regulation issued 18 May 2022 -- and there is no mention of having to use insurance purchased from insurer incorporated in Indonesia:

Translation: "...for PPLN foreigners, attach proof of ownership of health insurance
which includes financing for handling COVID-19 and medical evacuation
go to a referral hospital with a minimum amount of coverage according to
determined by the organizer, manager, or local government
"

Virtually identical Translation can also be found under:

2: Bali local requirements:

WelcomeBackToBali information site:

Under VOA and "International Travelers Entry Conditions" it is mentioned "requirement" to buy insurance via Jagawisata:
"Travel insurance with COVID-19 coverage per person (booking on line through: https://www.jagawisata.com/COVID19/). or check with your CHSE certified accommodation if they offer the Jaga Wisata as part of the add on service when booking your stay".

According to this site:
Here it is stated that Jagawisata insurance is an OPTION in the event your own travel insurance do not have cover for Bali.

Summary: This Jagawisata insurance cost US$34/month, maximum US$34,000 bill and for Covid-19 only -- i.e. this insurance appears to be redundant. I would recommend travel insurance with reputed international insurer w/comprehensive medical cover, medical evacuation, repatriation AND this insurance will usually cover covid-19 as well.
Thank you. I have the same info from another source. I contacted Jagawisata and it is 500,000 per month which seems ok. They also clearly state that they do not cover previous conditions. To obtain similar insurance in the UK costs a fortune so I will likely go with this. Thanks for your reply.

matsaleh

Super Moderator
May 26, 2004
Legian, Bali

1. Proof of insurance coverage from an insurance company incorporated as a legal entity in Indonesia that covers health costs during the traveller’s stay in Indonesia.....
This statement has only been added to the Visa on Arrival entry requirements recently, but as yet, has not been enforced.

Jagawisata insurance can only be purchased for 30 days, but can be extended by 30 days at a time. It's worth noting, this is not travel insurance and only covers incidences related to "all medical expenses, hospital treatment, and loss of life caused by Covid19"

Sep 19, 2021

As an aside greetings to all old timers in here. https://pagibigmp2calculator.net/a-complete-guide-to-perks-and-benefits/
hi just in the process of buying our first house and got everything sorted so far we think other than life and critical illness insurance covered. now as we are new to all this does anyone have any advice on what type to go for as in decreasing or level term also is the loan amount for the whole mortgage inclding all the interest or just for the mortgage amount so no interest. also is it better to do a joint one or 2 single ones for me and her then if its single ones do we do full amount on each or half the mortgage amount each. hope this makes sense to someone in the know out there as its confussing the hell out of us. many thamks for anyone with advice or info.