soletosoul

Nov 13, 2013
Hi everyone!
I have been lurking this forum since last year, when I learned that there was a possibility for my husband to work here. Learned a whole lot from the forum. I live in Ubud and have been here for about a month now. Things are same same but different (as they say in Thailand). :cocksure: Biggest struggle so far is the language. Husband speaks Bahasa. Me, nada. Once I know the topic tho I can get the gist of things since the Filipino languages ( I speak 3 fluently and can understand 3 more dialects) are similar to Bahasa in so many ways. I was surprised that they both use the word dalamhati which is used in the Tagalog language. I will meet an Indonesian teacher later and curious how this would go.

I just want to say thank you for the posters who guide newcomers like me to the intricacies of life in Bali. It was fun reading your posts and getting to know the different characters here and wondering if they are like that for real. If any of you live in Ubud and maybe have time for coffee? Haven't gone out of the house in two days. Haha.

ferdie

Apr 4, 2013
Near Ubud
You need better stuff to get Markit to meet you:icon_smile:

I live around Ubud and from what I gather from the postings in this forum there are a few members living in Ubud also, maybe you could persuade some to meet up? in which area are you staying now?

Just enjoy the vibe and get connected with the people in Ubud, there's a lot of unique people here:barbershop_quartet_

soletosoul

Nov 13, 2013
Haha! I don't drink coffee, just love the smell.:icon_razz Husband is the coffee guy. Literally.

Anyways, I live in Tirta Tawar, Kutuh Kaja area. Usually in Cafe Seniman for the alfajores and the wonderful smell of ceoffe, of course. I don't know who the other members are who live in Ubud tho. So...