ronb

Aug 14, 2007
Ubud, Bali
Warung Hana was fairly new back in 2010, and in the Bali Advertiser of October 6, 2010 a review said
WARUNG HANA

Yum! Another cheap place to eat just south of Ubud central. Warung Hana - run by Yudi (son of Mangga Madu’s owners) who also ran Warung Diane in Jl Monkey Forest. Located on the way to Goa Gajah, Warung Hana is on the left, just past a small Delta and before the Pertamina station. There’s an interesting variety of good, fresh & non-oily food and they even have a play area for the kids and an open upstairs eating area that would be for a large group or functions. Good range of drinks, BBQ, and the very friendly staff speak good English. Selamat Makan!

We just found it the other day and were impressed. If you already know JU or Janggar Ulam - then Warung Hana is directly opposite. If you are going east of Jalan Raya Goa Gaja, it is on the north side, and about 430 meters east of Jalan Raya Mas, and less than 100 meters before you get to a Pertamina petrol station.

With Warung Hana and Janggar Ulam on Jl Raya Goa Gaja, and then Warung Bernadette, Semar Warung and Guriham Barbecue on Jl Ray Mas, this south side of Ubud is becoming a bit of an eat area.

shazza

Aug 22, 2011
Broome, Western Australia
sorry about the old reply post, I went to murni's warung in Ubud and love it. the only address is that i can find is the one on google maps, address: At the bridge. the only road near it is called Jalan Raya Sanggingan. But i believe if you ask to go there any driver (taxi) will know where to go.

mugwump

Mar 15, 2011
seattle pekutatan
Hi Ron,
As one who has often benefited from yourself as a true asset for information on this website I certainly don't wish to diminish that value, however it may well be that we have different tastes (not necessarily taste buds). Always interested in finding new places to eat, I have explored various of the places mentioned here. Not that I want to disagree and delve into all that I have found unappealing, but when knowing of a potential health hazard feel compelled to bring it to light.
Janggar Ulam has rats so bold they come out and play on the shelves while you eat. When brought to the attention of the staff they merely shrug and ignore. They also ignore guests that bring a half a kennel of dogs with them which are permitted to roam about pestering other diners. I am not talking about someone bringing a pet and leashing it at the entrance. Hell this is Bali and we can't be too fussy, but there are limits to be applied even here.
Thanks for your indulgence and trust you accept this in the manner in which it is intended.........just information for the benefit of all.

tintin

Sep 13, 2005
Boston, MA, USA
...Warung Hana - run by Yudi (son of Mangga Madu’s owners) who also ran Warung Diane in Jl Monkey Forest.
Warung Diana has a superb location on Monkey Forest, but it's a dump and always has been.

Markit

Sep 3, 2007
Karangasem, Bali
Anyone interested in really good Mexican Food - I went yesterday to the Taco Beach Mexican Grill (Seminyak, Jalan Kunti - just off Sunset and head towards the main drag) and had a grand meal for not a lot of money. The boss Bob, a fellow Californian from L.A., with his Mexican Chef make for some excellent food with all prepared here and now. Great tastes and some terrific variations on the standard Tex/Mex grub with marvelous dips and sauces. After you are through order the chocolate mousse but only one for 4 people as they are soooo rich you might end up like the dining scene in Monty Python's.

ronb

Aug 14, 2007
Ubud, Bali
Hi Ron,
As one who has often benefited from yourself as a true asset for information on this website I certainly don't wish to diminish that value, however it may well be that we have different tastes (not necessarily taste buds). Always interested in finding new places to eat, I have explored various of the places mentioned here. Not that I want to disagree and delve into all that I have found unappealing, but when knowing of a potential health hazard feel compelled to bring it to light.
Janggar Ulam has rats so bold they come out and play on the shelves while you eat. When brought to the attention of the staff they merely shrug and ignore. They also ignore guests that bring a half a kennel of dogs with them which are permitted to roam about pestering other diners. I am not talking about someone bringing a pet and leashing it at the entrance. Hell this is Bali and we can't be too fussy, but there are limits to be applied even here.
Thanks for your indulgence and trust you accept this in the manner in which it is intended.........just information for the benefit of all.

Thanks for the feedback mugwump.

Of course, I usually take a dog with me and don't leave him at the entrance - but he doesn't pester other diners - except that he occasionally suddenly barks if he sees a cat nearby - and that can startle diners. If you want an Ubud restaurant where there will be no dogs - try Tutmak - they have a ban on dogs and enforce it - so I don't go there, but am told the food is good.

Rats - well I have seen them at some restaurants - usually very open restaurants near waterways and/or rice-fields. I don't let them put me off my food. What is the reaction of others on the forum when you see a rat at a restaurant - I'm sure many of you have seen them.

Markit

Sep 3, 2007
Karangasem, Bali
There is this great restaurant just south of Ubud with a public swimming pool attached, great food and hot and cold running rats. I have to say it does put me off my food a bit when they are scampering around the place and with the addition of a couple of cats so easy to deal with.

mugwump

Mar 15, 2011
seattle pekutatan
Anyone interested in really good Mexican Food - I went yesterday to the Taco Beach Mexican Grill (Seminyak, Jalan Kunti - just off Sunset and head towards the main drag) and had a grand meal for not a lot of money. The boss Bob, a fellow Californian from L.A., with his Mexican Chef make for some excellent food with all prepared here and now. Great tastes and some terrific variations on the standard Tex/Mex grub with marvelous dips and sauces. After you are through order the chocolate mousse but only one for 4 people as they are soooo rich you might end up like the dining scene in Monty Python's.
Great tip and thanks. Went today for lunch and it was a treat.
For years I have followed the credo of " the farther from the original source, the worse the fare". This was certainly an exception, but still afraid of spaghetti in a Chinese restaurant.