Donna

Feb 6, 2008
Bali
Last night, i was heading out for dinner with a few girlfriends. I thought i might have a couple of drinks, so i called a taxi to pick me up from my house. the taxi arrived soon after, and by the time i arrived to my destination, the rain was pouring down. i paid the taxi driver, and slid over to the other side of the taxi so i wouldnt have to get too wet.

i jumped out of the car and by the time the taxi was driving away, i realised that all my money and my phone must have spilled out of my handbag!

After a few panicked calls to Bluebird, we managed to get on to the driver, and my belongings were returned to me within 10 minutes.

I cannot tell you how relieved i was. just to lose my mobile phone would be so difficult to replace, as i have a lot of numbers stored for work.

of course, i tipped the driver nicely, and I also wrote to Bluebird to commend him.

I thought it was a nice story to post on here, considering its often only the negatives that are spoken about.

JUDY

May 11, 2007
seattle wa campuhan bali
Donna, so happy to hear your glowing reports about your taxi ordeal. Just goes to prove there are good people to be found. :lol: I will definitely recommend Blue Beard Taxie Service to friends in the future.

Thanks for the info.

winged

Dec 21, 2010
I just returned from my second trip to Bali. i am in love with the place and am considering living there for a year, hence joining this site.

We had some incredibly fun taxi trips. Travelling with three other friends in their late teens, we were impressed when the taxi driver sang to Justin Beiber with us on one trip! I'm definitely not a fan of that sort of music, but in the excitement and the fun it was hilarious.
I had one wonderful taxi driver who taught me patiently to direct him in Indonesian, left/right, straight etc. He then refused to take english directions when I kept forgetting. He also put me on the phone too his friend who didn't speak english...
And the most memorable was one late night/early morning trip where the lovely driver put up with all 5 of us packed into his taxi and just laughed at us as we laughed and yelled and sung along to the radio, even answering all my friends questions as she interviewed him everything from about life in Bali to his favourite colour. Bluebird Taxis were wonderful.

RollingStone

Feb 4, 2011
That's a great story!

When I was in bali I also never had a negative experience with bluebird. Extremely impressive that everything was returned to you :)

DorothyHick

Mar 8, 2011
Good to hear...

That's a great story!

When I was in bali I also never had a negative experience with bluebird. Extremely impressive that everything was returned to you :)

I am impressed for your honesty, keep up the good work coz for sure God grant you in some ways.

coltleader

Jul 6, 2011
Last night, i was heading out for dinner with a few girlfriends. I thought i might have a couple of drinks, so i called a taxi to pick me up from my house. the taxi arrived soon after, and by the time i arrived to my destination, the rain was pouring down. i paid the taxi driver, and slid over to the other side of the taxi so i wouldnt have to get too wet.

i jumped out of the car and by the time the taxi was driving away, i realised that all my money and my phone must have spilled out of my handbag!

After a few panicked calls to Bluebird, we managed to get on to the driver, and my belongings were returned to me within 10 minutes.

I cannot tell you how relieved i was. just to lose my mobile phone would be so difficult to replace, as i have a lot of numbers stored for work.

of course, i tipped the driver nicely, and I also wrote to Bluebird to commend him.

I thought it was a nice story to post on here, considering its often only the negatives that are spoken about.

awh! So great.

BestofBali

Nov 9, 2016
Kerobokan

That is a nice story, I wonder if it was because he was Balinese and believed in karma. Hope stories like this are still happening :)

Markit

Sep 3, 2007
Karangasem, Bali
I hate to say it but it would seem that all "nice" people have moved on to Twitter/FB/having a life and such like posts don't seem to happen anymore...

I'm sure it's my fault :abnormal: