itinerantman

Apr 6, 2012
hi all-can anyone recommend a good dyi book for learning BI. even suggestions for books unavailable in indonesia are welcomed since i am still travelling and can access them. thanks.

ronb

Aug 14, 2007
Ubud, Bali
Search the forum for "bahasa indonesia". You will find web-sites - not sure if you will find books.

phil170258

Feb 13, 2011
'colloquial bahasa indonesia' is good

the problem with a lot of the books is that they teach formal bahasa and you don't really need to learn that.
for vocab the byki software is really really good.
there's the free version and then the paid (around $30), more complete, version.

Reosoh

May 25, 2012
Hi,

Will you be interested on joining a group of bahasa class in Bali?
three or four in a class will be nice..
Thanks.

Surya Dharma

Oct 3, 2011
There is a small-group Beginner Class starting the first Monday of every month at Cinta Bahasa, and the cost is around 3.500.000 for 40 hours, which is good. The maximum is 6 students, but in my group there was only 4. The teacher was absolutely fantastic.

We started the course speaking to each other in English, and by halfway we were only speaking Indonesian. That was cool because there was a Japanese student and a Russian student and their English was not so good.

Now we are friends, but we only speak Bahasa Indonesia to each other. I think that's funny, that Indonesian and not English is our shared language.