Gongsters Amazing Villa

Gongchime

Nov 11, 2006
Korea
Some people expressed interest to see what digs the Gongster ended up with.The pictures are posted on http://www.myspace.com/gongchime on pages five and six of my "pics".

How much am I paying? Let's put it this way. If you came and stayed in one of my rooms and paid me 50,000 Rupaih per night that would more than cover the entire amount of rent that I pay for THE WHOLE PLACE! (per day).

For those who don't end up looking at the photos, it's a villa, there's a river, rice paddies as far as the eye can see on 3 sides, an empty lot of trees on the other side, tile floors, spiral staircase, 2 balconies with amazing views, hot and cold water, electricity, indoor and outdoor kitchens, giant bathtub.

Why buy when you can rent this?

Enjoy the views.

G

Congratulations on finding a bargain and thanks for the update!

canuck

Aug 12, 2007
Canada
Hi Gongster,

Where exactly is your villa? got any tips for me, or anyone else have any tips? I will be moving to Bali in September - I can't wait! I booked my ticket last night. Luckily and wonderfully, my employer is assisting with so many of the details, and I know there are many things that will just have to wait until I arrive there, but the more info the better!

Thanks!

tintin

Sep 13, 2005
Boston, MA, USA
Gongshime,

Looks pretty nice, with a nice price to boot. Actually, it is a fare price for this type of house. May I guess where it may be located? Canggu- Pererenan area?

FreoGirl

Dec 21, 2004
Fremantle, Australia
Re: RE: Gongsters Amazing Villa

tintin said:
Gongshime,

Looks pretty nice, with a nice price to boot. Actually, it is a fare price for this type of house. May I guess where it may be located? Canggu- Pererenan area?

I think I read it's around Celuk.

Gongchime

Nov 11, 2006
Korea
Yeah, it's in Celuk. I don't know the measurements for the land. What I'm paying is definitely not the going rate for something like this. What I'm paying usually rents a small one room building in a Losmen/Inn with no hot water, a single 5 watt bulb, a wicker ceiling and a padlock for the door not an entire 2-story estate with a marble staircase. Somebody up there loves me.

All praise Brahma, Vishnu n Shiva!

FreoGirl

Dec 21, 2004
Fremantle, Australia
Re: RE: Gongsters Amazing Villa

Gongchime said:
Yeah, it's in Celuk. I don't know the measurements for the land. What I'm paying is definitely not the going rate for something like this. What I'm paying usually rents a small one room building in a Losmen/Inn with no hot water, a single 5 watt bulb, a wicker ceiling and a padlock for the door not an entire 2-story estate with a marble staircase. Somebody up there loves me.

All praise Brahma, Vishnu n Shiva!

The going rate depends on the area you want to live. I rented quite a nice house for 10 Million for 1 year (which is less than 30,000 per day) in Lombok. Down the road were even nicer houses for 25 Million. And then there were the short stay places that were like you describe which were 1 million per month. So the house was definately the better deal, providing 1. I was willing to pay up front for a year, and 2. didn't want to live bang smack in the middle of the tourist areas (although frankly where I was I much preferred to the tourist area anyway).

Well step 1 is done - you have a home for the time being, and a nice one too. How's the next bit going? (making a living)

Gongchime

Nov 11, 2006
Korea
Yeah, I guess it is possible to get a nice place on the cheap here and there but I still don't think it's "normal". Anyway, if you want to see the pics you have to join myspace. It's free. There's video now too. Just click on video under my picture.

megabeast

Jul 18, 2007
canada
I have been looking at places for rent that are listed online, but what is the general vibe? are things that are advertised online going to be much more than what I can find when I get there? With a budget of $1500 US/month should we be able to have pretty much whatever we want with a year lease? thanks!

Gongchime

Nov 11, 2006
Korea
Yes, real estate agents never list the cheap deals because it's not worth their time to post it on the internet. Once you get here, all kinds of opportunities open up.

For a very inexpensive example, real homestays with people who don't own a homestay if you know what I mean, Just staying at the cheapest losmen is only 40,000 rupiah per night.

Not many of them are on the internet. They have their own dwelling within a compound and several other buildings with 2 unconnected rooms in each building for rent.

If you tell them in advance you want to stay there long term you can negotiate an even better price. Maybe they have a telephone but most likely they don't have internet access or even a computer.

They have a chicken trapped under an upturned wicker basket in front of their door. :)