Corina Schnell

May 28, 2015
Hello there,

I'm just starting to plan a trip to Bali for the spring of 2016 for 3-6 months. Any information would be appreciated as it's been awhile since I have packed up and left the comfort of home to travel for that length of time. I'm even open to the possibility of staying abroad for a longer period of time if it's an option.

A bit about me:

- 38 years old

- Canadian

- Female

A few questions to start my journey:

- requirements (visa/shots/etc.)

- restrictions

- costs (long term accommodation/food/activities/cell phone/etc.)

- would I be able to extend my stay past 3 months?

- would I be able to extend my stay past 6 months?

- could I work? Requirements/Restrictions/paperwork/visas??

I think that is a good start and again, I appreciate any information that will help with planning this exciting trip!!

Cheers!

Corina

balibule

Feb 6, 2009
Hi Corina, welcome!

All your questions have been answered dozens of times. If you use the search box you will find a lot of info.

Good luck with your upcoming trip

davita

Mar 13, 2012
Hello there,

I'm just starting to plan a trip to Bali for the spring of 2016 for 3-6 months. Any information would be appreciated as it's been awhile since I have packed up and left the comfort of home to travel for that length of time. I'm even open to the possibility of staying abroad for a longer period of time if it's an option.

A bit about me:

- 38 years old

- Canadian

- Female

1.- requirements (visa/shots/etc.)

2.- restrictions

3.- costs (long term accommodation/food/activities/cell phone/etc.)

4.- would I be able to extend my stay past 3 months?

5.- would I be able to extend my stay past 6 months?

6.- could I work? Requirements/Restrictions/paperwork/visas??

I think that is a good start and again, I appreciate any information that will help with planning this exciting trip!!

Cheers!

Corina

Hi Corina and welcome.
Balibule is correct as your questions have been answered many times. Search for any of your questions and, at the bottom left of the page, will be many other posts associated with that query.

But, as a fellow Canadian (Vancouver), I'll start you on your journey.

1. Visas available are...
a. Visa on Arrival at the Indonesian Airport (VOA) cost US$35 and lasts 30 days and can be extended without leaving for a further 30 days and US$35. Probably best to have an outbound ticket to show the airline of departure.
b. Get a Tourist visa from the nearest RI Embassy/Consul where you reside in Canada. Price varies (around CDN$80)...lasts 60 days, is supposed non-extendable (but in Bali sometimes can).
c. If you know an Indonesia prepared to write a sponsor letter/or an agent for a fee...apply for a social budaya visa (Sosbud) at the same embassy/consul in (b). It lasts 60 days and is extendable monthly thereafter up to 6 months (180 days). It's then possible to take a trip to say Malaysia or Thailand etc and do over. By then you'll have better experience and information.
2. Parts af Aceh and Papua are off limits without a special visa.
3. Hopefully others will chime in after you've exhausted your search and identified more precise questions.
4./5. Answered above in 1.
6. Short answer is NO...and very dangerous to work here without a permit...serious jail and deportation can happen. However...if you can find an employer, willing to complete the paperwork to get a work permit (IMTA), it is possible but a very grey area.

Good luck.

Markit

Sep 3, 2007
Karangasem, Bali
We all reckon that Davita will tell you how to build a clock if you just ask him the time.

You being a fellow (girly: furrow?) Canadian you went an asked him how to build a damned clock.

So on your head be it!

davita

Mar 13, 2012
We all reckon that Davita will tell you how to build a clock if you just ask him the time.

You being a fellow (girly: furrow?) Canadian you went an asked him how to build a damned clock.

So on your head be it!

Corina.....See my No 3 answer above....I told you someone will 'chime' in....but didn't expect a ding-dong from the forum :icon_evil::cupcake:

He's jealous 'coz where he lives they still use the sandglass to tell time and he hasn't figured that you need to turn it over once in a while.

signed...the forum :drunk:

Last edited:

no.idea

Feb 22, 2011
Sanur
Davita please stop making fun of Markit's backward living style. He now has a large rock across the mouth of his cave. He rolls this back every third day and emerges. He then stands there in his long flowing robes with his arms outspread to greet the waiting flocks.
However the sand in his hourglass does get stuck at times and he emerges at night. Sadly this reduces the impact.

Markit

Sep 3, 2007
Karangasem, Bali
Hello there,

A bit about me:

- 38 years old Scantily clad pictures always help with the advise "depth" I've found...

- Canadian Can't change that but usually if say "North American" people tend to err on the side of USA.

- Female You'll learn a lot in Bali - subservience to the Kings Of Creation (KOC) - MEN, how to wear a sarong the way KOCs like it, cooking Nasi Goreng just the way KOCs prefer it, forget all the feminist rubbish from North America... That's the main things to take away here I think?

- requirements (visa/shots/etc.) VOC - 1 or 2 months, Social Visa - 6 months with 4 renewals (major pain in ass unless done by agent - then cost for renewal IDR600k x 4)

- restrictions No spouting feminine BS and keep lots of ice cold beer hand for eventual visits of KOCs - warm beer precludes this. No working of any sort, paid or unpaid. You can't even legally donate your time to a good cause - exception - see beginning of sentence.

- costs (long term accommodation/food/activities/cell phone/etc.) From IDR 400k/month - Cro Magnon to $400/day nice villa

- would I be able to extend my stay past 3 months? Marry local and pay for his entire tribe - yes.

- would I be able to extend my stay past 6 months? See previous

- could I work? Requirements/Restrictions/paperwork/visas?? Can you cook? Wash cars? Wearing either wet t-shirt or miniscule bikini?

I think that is a good start and again, I appreciate any information that will help with planning this exciting trip!! I'm kinda excited too...

Cheers!

Corina

davita

Mar 13, 2012
No.idea was spot on...the rock rolled and the village grump emerged to.....well, actually, nobody. He not only found a way to reverse the hourglass but simultaneously found how to print in red.:icon_e_surprised:

Please, please don't tell him you're from Quebec otherwise his Gestapo past will appear and he'll repeatedly remind you when his Fraus ruled 'La Belle Frankreich'....in any colour you desire...:icon_e_biggrin: