klaatu

Mar 14, 2014
Blimbingsari banyuwangi and Denpasar
a 3 month BANK STATEMENT is required for SOSBUD visa application now (at Darwin anyway)..also they provide you with a printed sponsorship form that you just fill in a few details and your sponsor signs, if she is with you obviously. 2 photos fill out the application form and come back in a week,and pay $70

ronb

Aug 14, 2007
Ubud, Bali
Thinking about the supposed purpose of sosbud, this makes sense. Just some evidence that your financial base in your home country can support the 6 months trip. It is interesting to see different Consulates/Embassies creating their own check-lists.

Markit

Sep 3, 2007
Karangasem, Bali
Does anyone know if poverty stricken Bule unable to pay their way here is even an issue?

I've never even heard of anyone that was so broke he/she went to the authorities and asked for help - the thought alone makes me break out in hilarity. LOL absofeckinglutely!

davita

Mar 13, 2012
The provision for the (last) 3 month bank statement from the SPONSOR is so he/she can verify his/her duties as to ability to pay for any liability incurred by the foreign applicant. However, a printed sponsor invitation letter is new and useful. In the past I'd copy an invitation letter from someone else as there was no real standard.

I read a case (before the Sponsor bank statements requirement) where an accident occurred and neither the foreigner nor sponsor was able to pay the medical bills....this nearly caused the Bali Gov't to demand seeing medical emergency insurance on arrival...thankfully that requirement seems to have died.

Last edited:

Steve Rossell

Apr 18, 2015
I have just recently renewed my sosbud with no drama although my sponsor was required to provide additional info to that which was provided with the initial application. I went down to Denpasar, did the fingerprint scan and photo's etc. 2 days later...voila. Now it's a simple month to month thing until I need to go offshore in December and start again.
Darwin? No idea.

klaatu

Mar 14, 2014
Blimbingsari banyuwangi and Denpasar
i don't know why they need 3 months statement,i am not looking for a loan...maybe they think we can borrow a ton of money then print out a bank balance only,,then go to indo flat broke
oops i only printed 2 and a bit months,hope they don't reject it haha....i'll let you know if they do......oh yeah don't forget to bring flight tickets in and out

davita

Mar 13, 2012
I have just recently renewed my sosbud with no drama although my sponsor was required to provide additional info to that which was provided with the initial application. I went down to Denpasar, did the fingerprint scan and photo's etc. 2 days later...voila. Now it's a simple month to month thing until I need to go offshore in December and start again.
Darwin? No idea.

I think you meant you did an extension to the original 60 day Sosbud in Denpaser. Renewals are done at RI Embassy/Consul in a foreign country....as klaatu is currently doing.

i don't know why they need 3 months statement,i am not looking for a loan...maybe they think we can borrow a ton of money then print out a bank balance only,,then go to indo flat broke
oops i only printed 2 and a bit months,hope they don't reject it haha....i'll let you know if they do......oh yeah don't forget to bring flight tickets in and out

Do you mean they need your bank statements? My previous Sosbuds required the last 3 month bank statements of my Sponsor.

davita

Mar 13, 2012
i gave them my bank statements,he looked at them and was satisfied

Well that's new as I've never had to produce that when applying in Canada, Hong Kong or Kuala Lumpur for Sosbud visa to enter Indonesia. But they always want a letter of introduction, bank statement and other details from my sponsor....as he is the guarantor of my obligations and behaviour in Indonesia.

That makes sense as they can go after him for any debts. They couldn't do much to me if I skipped Bali leaving bills behind.....even I had a bank full of money in Darwin.

Steve Rossell

Apr 18, 2015
Correct davita, that is exactly what I meant, an extension and I might add that at no time have I been asked to provide my fiscal status although I do believe that my sponsor was recently obliged to do so.

Markit

Sep 3, 2007
Karangasem, Bali
It's all a game and it should be treated so. Print up the last quarter of the BMW yearly accounts and include it as your 3 monthly statement.

You need a onward ticket to prove you aint staying - print up the one you got last year from Air Asia for your trip to SNG and Photoshop the new date in.

Who cares?

The immi for sure not. THEY CAN'T READ FECKING ENGLISH KIDS!!!

davita

Mar 13, 2012
To all those looking for info on visas to Indonesia ...please see that Markit is conditioned as an insane poster as am I...take your choice.

SHoggard

Nov 28, 2011
Singapore
It's all a game .......blah blah.... etc
Who cares?
The immi for sure not. THEY CAN'T READ FECKING ENGLISH KIDS!!!

Last week I got stopped @ customs ... seems the 1,000 stainless steel screws I had in my bag looked like bullets on the scanner.... anyway, Customs asked if I had an invoice for the screws ... big grin on my part as I handed him an invoice for less than the US$400 permitted.. he pondered... traced the handwritten line with his finger ... down to the bottom & read the bottom line $350 .. shrugged, gave it back, and let me pass.

Later I looked at the invoice I gave him = er it was from a light shop for the 40 Led's I also had in the suitcase.... ho hum

SHoggard

Nov 28, 2011
Singapore
either way i'm printing out ebay ''bid'' deals for a couple of android tablets and **** fekkin i-pad
Why bother? As long as they aren't in the box you can hand carry them - just stuff them in a backpack along with cameras, laptop, external drive, phone, chargers, multiplug socket & 3 platefuls of spaghetti (usb cables etc)
If you're that worried, stick them in tatty well used looking plastic cover/holder (or whatever you call those things)

You'll look like a total techie geek, but what the hell