Four people charged with extorting tourists in Kintamani

balinews

Feb 14, 2010
The illegal fees eradication task force of Bangli Police has arrested four people allegedly involved in illegal fees extracted from tourists visiting the Kintamani tourism area in Bangli regency, Bali.

The four suspects, identified only by their initials as INDD, 47, IKS,47, INM, 46, and INL, 47, had collected illegal entrance fees at several spots in Kintamani, Bali Police spokesman Sr. Comr. Hengky Widjaja said Monday.

“Our team has also seized more than Rp 30 million (US$2,251) from them,” Hengky added.

The arrests were conducted on Sunday afternoon following tip-offs from residents about alleged cheating by ticket officials at the posts. A preliminary investigation suggested the suspects, working as ticket sellers, collected money from tourists in violation of procedures.

http://www.thejakartapost.com/news/2017/02/13/four-arrested-over-illegal-fees-in-bali.html

begonia

Oct 10, 2007
Two years ago, two friends which I had recommend them a guide, told me that the guide very proud offered them some cheaper tickets to enter Taman Ayun in Bedugul, so reading this article I guess it was something like that, they end paying only one entrance tickets and someone with the guide got some extra money. Terrible!
No need to say I don't recommend this guide any more