First Melbourne Bali flight in two years

Metter

Oct 8, 2017
Sanur Kauh
Fair enough, not going to argue with that. It is a matter of opinion. One man's ripoff is another man's convenience. Maybe I am ok paying the mafia for the convenience of not having to walk to the road. It's not ideal but that is the way of the world everywhere. Tell me where in the world tourists are not taken advantage of.
Just happy that I am living here now and not in Australia. 3 years ago I remember paying $85 for a 30 minute taxi ride to the airport, when petrol was about $1.15/litre IIRC. That is what I call a rip off.

Cheers.

I don't disagree that tourists pay a higher price and as you say that's the world over. It the mafia approach I disagree with who attack all attempts to a fair competitive platform.

Reactions: RossM

RossM

Jan 19, 2022
I've been back a month, wish I was still there, and looking forward to my next visit, which will be early August, after spending a couple of weeks in Thailand.

In retrospect, it would have been been better to be going now, with hopefully a lot more places open for business.

It's still an enjoyable place to visit, even after 100+ visits, and having lived there for a year. It's like coming home.