First female US president

dav733

Dec 29, 2016
As for my background, I'm not really sure what you mean. A few years ago, I started getting in the habit of fact-checking the news and was shocked to find countless errors within the reports of what I previously thought were highly-reputable media sources. Since then, I'm taken it upon myself to do my own research as much as possible so I can try to get the real story. Not always, but more often than not, I find there is much more to the story than what the mainstream media says. I'm not sure when this transition from credible news to absolute bullshit started happening, but I think it's our duty as civilians to find the truth as much as possible.

Now, on to Joe Biden. Perhaps his most notable claim to fame in regards to "law enforcement" was a 1994 crime bill.

The Violent Crime Control and Law Enforcement Act

The Violent Crime Control and Law Enforcement Act, now known as the 1994 crime law, was the result of years of work by Biden, who oversaw the Senate Judiciary Committee at the time, and other Democrats. It was an attempt to address a big issue in America at the time: Crime, particularly violent crime, had been rising for decades, starting in the 1960s but continuing, on and off, through the 1990s (in part due to the crack cocaine epidemic).

The bill was advertised to be "tough on crime" but fast forward a few years and you'll see a different story. The bill expanded the federal government’s use of the death penalty, banned certain people from owning assault weapons, denied certain higher education rights to inmates, and included the “three-strike” provision for repeat offenders. It also contributed to the dramatic rise in the country’s prison population in the years that followed.

In 2020, At least two Democratic presidential candidates, California Sen. Kamala Harris (oddly enough, his new running mate) and New York Mayor Bill de Blasio, have criticized Biden for shepherding a law that they say fueled mass incarceration. As the nation nearly doubled its prison population in the 1990s, blacks and Hispanics made up a growing fraction of men in jail.'

Even his buddy and former Democrat President Bill Clinton realized the bill was a huge mistake saying "I signed a bill that made the problem worse and I want to admit it.” Unfortunately, Biden has issued no such apology, but the policy manager for the Drug Policy Alliance, Michael Collins, commented: "Joe Biden should apologize—just as Bill Clinton did—for his role in mass incarceration, and he should champion systemic change.”

Kamala Harris used this as her main ammo against Biden in her campaign for president but now that she was chosen as his VP running mate, she seems to forget all about it.

Now let's go back to the 1980's where we again, see Biden leading the charge on the "tough on crime" mindset at the time.

Creating the new Office of National Drug Control Policy (ONDCP)
As a senator from Delaware, he served as chair of the Senate Judiciary Committee, which oversees the Department of Justice and is responsible for implementing many of the disastrous policies that were passed during this time. In a 1982 New York Times article, Biden coined the term “drug czar” when he called for the federal government to create this new role.

The article says:

Just a few years later, Biden got his wish with the creation of the new Office of National Drug Control Policy (ONDCP), whose head is referred to as the “drug czar.” And with this new department came stricter policies for drug offenders and a hefty price tag for the American public. The ONDCP committed itself to keep certain substances illegal even if new credible information comes to light. The drug czar is even encouraged to take whatever action is necessary to keep this information from the American public.

In 1984, Biden cosponsored the Comprehensive Crime Control Act of 1984. This legislation gave law enforcement the authority to seize money and property from those suspected of drug trafficking—without ever having to charge them with a crime. This resulted in the decades-long practice of civil asset forfeiture that has incentivized law enforcement to police for profit and steal from the same individuals they have sworn to protect

The Anti-Drug Abuse Act

Perhaps one of Biden's more insane creations is his involvement in the 100-to-1 sentencing disparity between crack and powder cocaine. As the country panicked over the “crack” epidemic, legislators set out to dole out harsher punishments to those found guilty of selling the substance.

The Anti-Drug Abuse Act, which was written at least partially by Biden, changed the law so that those caught with a mere five grams of crack cocaine were subject to the same mandatory minimum as those caught with 500 grams of powdered cocaine. The application of this law disproportionately harmed African-American communities and contributed to mass incarceration.

In 1998, Biden’s daughter Ashley was arrested for cannabis possession in Louisiana. While others arrested for the same offense faced sentences sometimes spanning decades, Ashley Biden was never convicted of any drug-related crime. In 2014, Hunter Biden was discharged from the Navy after testing positive for cocaine. Like his daughter, no charges were ever filed against Biden’s son.

I made sure all this info came from reputable sources, and not some alt-right conspiracy news sources like I'm sure many of you think is where I get my information. Given the information provided, it's clear to me that Biden has a checkered past and is at least worthy of a detailed investigation for corruption to some degree.

I just find the whole thing hilarious that Biden/Harris are running on this "Black Lives Matter" campaign when it's evident none of them have done anything influential for black lives in the past. If anything, they are partly responsible for making black communities more impoverished.

Now, I'm not a huge fan of Donald Trump either but I need to give credit where credit is due. Most people are not aware of the First Step Act, signed into law by President Trump in December of 2018. It is a major achievement in improving the criminal justice system, long overdue.

This law seeks to incentivize prison inmates to participate in training programs targeted at increasing opportunities once released. Participation can earn as many as 47 days per year knocked off their sentences. Inmates also earn lighter sentences while ensuring, after release, they will become a productive member of society.

This was a law that had very rare bipartisan support and has generally been seen as a success up until around 2020 when the democrat owned media went full on attack mode on Trump because it's an election year.

I could keep going on about Biden's mishaps. There are too many to type and I've got to get going but hopefully this provided some interesting facts for you to digest. Thanks for reading and sorry for the rant!
Excellent .YOUR INFO IS SPOT ON....it would be a Rediculous Disaster if Creep Y PEDO Joe and Pseudo black Camela got in...Trump wether you like him or not has done a Fantastic job ..considering the insane poor loser under rediculous pressure from the LYING DEMONRATS 3.5 years.

dav733

Dec 29, 2016
Kamala Harris is among the slimiest of politicians that makes her less likable as well. While Biden may have thought he would bolster his intersectionality credentials by picking the Democrats’ Great Black-Asian Female Hope as his VP, it seems he merely ended up shooting himself in the foot, alienating many of the black voters he intended to win???
Absolutely she.s more Dishonest and Slimy than Sleepy..

Tezza71

Oct 31, 2018
It's fairly obvious to me why the American political system is in the mess it is. Low level personal attacks is hardly the way to conduct a civilised political vote.

JackStraw

Mar 14, 2017
It's fairly obvious to me why the American political system is in the mess it is. Low level personal attacks is hardly the way to conduct a civilised political vote.

Yeah, the whole thing has become a giant joke. Both the left and right have gone full retard and their respective media armies are only helping to put salt in the wound. America has been on the fast track to hell since 2001 and I don't see it getting better anytime soon.

Trump is a refreshing change from the usual but he's merely a speed bump for the inevitable civil war that's coming. Thank God I'm in Indonesia is all I can say.

Reactions: Foamcrest