Rangi

May 23, 2011
Legian
The mother of a 24-year-old Brazilian man, who lives in Australia with his family, has not been heard from since last Friday, prompting a search by family and friends. Fernando Vieira Campello, 24, has been travelling with friends for the last month. He was last seen in Gili Trawangan last Thursday night, when a friend took him back to their homestay, Lumbung Cottage 2, when he said he was feeling unwell. The next morning his room was empty and efforts to locate him have turned up nothing so far, prompting his mother to fly here from Australia and head to Gili Trawangan to find him. Friend Luana Martins posted on social media, saying it was a “nightmare” that he was missing. “We hope that in this way the embassy do something to help find the Fer and this nightmare is over,” she said. “People have seen Fernando in many occasions so we’re guessing he is well but lost his memory,” posted his mother, Luciana Vieira on social media. “They say he looks confused, he must be really scared. Please keep praying that I’ll reunite with my darling son today.” She also thanked friends and family for continuing the search, placing posters around the island and physically searching for the young man. The Australian and Brazilian consulates have been contacted and are working with local authorities. A friend who was travelling with Fernando said the man had become paranoid and said he was hearing voices and had been seen wandering around looking “confused”.

http://beatmag.com/daily/family-searching-for-their-son-in-gili-trawangan/

Sounds like the Kid took to much drugs.

davita

Mar 13, 2012
Probably a long shot but, last night, a friend of mine said he was walking Legian beach on Monday when he witnessed the police take a young Bule off the beach in a body bag. My friend said the police didn't know who he was or what was wrong.
I'm trying to contact my friend so he can verify the details and call the police concerning the above information.

Edit: my pal said the body was found on the beach between Oberoi and La Luciola near the big Pura in Pettitenget at about 08:30 on Monday morning...I doubt if it can be that same guy from Gili Trewangan...too far.

Last edited:

Markit

Sep 3, 2007
Karangasem, Bali
You think the police wouldn't connect up a missing person with a no-name body?

Oh sorry, forgot where we were for a minute. Yeah call your friend...

Markit

Sep 3, 2007
Karangasem, Bali
Most of the people (young men) that go missing on the Gilis do so because you can see the next island and hear the party going on. This distances separating them are very deceptive and lead those that go missing to think they can just swim over and party down. You can't see the riptides and fast currents.

They sometimes wash up on Lombok a couple of weeks later...

And sometimes they just disappear.

Smoke

Dec 3, 2011
Sanur
He supposidly found. not sure if DNA testing is complete or the mother accepts it

no.idea

Feb 22, 2011
Sanur
The body of another westerner floated into Keramas this week.
I was told it was the body of the Aussie guy who went missing off Lembongan. However this "fact" may only be rumours.