balinews

Feb 14, 2010
Jakarta’s Parks and Cemetery Agency has found hundreds of fake graves in two public cemeteries in the capital and promised to find more in other locations.

The agency's head, Muchlisin Djafar, said officials are still investigating why the cemeteries had the fake grave plots. Some reports say they are dug up to give the impression that the cemetery is full but would then be let to customers for an inflated price, or a bribe.

"To date, we've found a total of 230 fake graves. We will inspect all public cemeteries to find more," Djafar said in Jakarta on Tuesday (26/07).

"We found the fake graves in Karet Bivak and Kawi-Kawi cemeteries in Central Jakarta, both coveted locations for a burial. We will inspect more cemeteries on Friday," Djafar said.

According to Detik.com, a way to spot a fake grave is by looking at the gravestone.

“A fake one has a name with no date, and the name is written with a marker,” said Pondok Ranggon public cemetery head J.S. Siregar.

Hundreds of Fake Graves Found in Jakarta | Jakarta Globe

Markit

Sep 3, 2007
Karangasem, Bali
Give someone a job and stand well back and in 13 minutes and 20 seconds (approximately) he will have figured out a way to make extra money at it. Human inventiveness is wonderful isn't it?

Nydave

Jun 4, 2015
This is similar to the double tax post ,,

You know you have been f***ed all your life

And for good measure they f**k you one last time in death

Hey it`s just the Indonesian way right ?

Last edited:

davita

Mar 13, 2012
Re: Nydave post #3

The Indonesian way indeed.
It's the law of supply and demand...they create a fake grave-site and later, when no space left, they sell their vacant spot for a higher price than the original cost.
The Gov't contributes by having an inadequate health-care system and the Court is complicit by executing more and more and giving light sentences for murder.
Ergo.....more demand for graves and less supply.

Notice this didn't happen in Bali. Very few graves here....:icon_wink:

davita

Mar 13, 2012
Why don't they use promession?

Didn't you get my last sentence about Bali in post #4...they have a form of promession. They burn everything and throw it out to sea....just as I've instructed to happen to me.

Thing is I want a ceremony to hold up traffic for an hour....for revenge...:devilish: