Faded writing on passport cover, issue with entering?

PERtoDPS

Dec 31, 2018
So my passport is still valid for another 5 years and I'd definitely prefer not to have to renew it, but the front cover is almost totally faded. I'm planning to go to Indonesia in about a month and any other country I don't think I'd have any worry about entering but reading stuff like this is making me worried: https://www.sbs.com.au/language/ind...heck-your-passport-for-damage-first/jegmyrxv2 there is no water damage and the machine readable and photo pages are totally fine. I travelled on it about a year ago and no problem.

Just hoping to hear your stories of entering the country, especially if someone had a faded front cover. Hoping I'm worrying over nothing.

edit: thinking I'll probably be fine, you can still read it's origin country, but it's faded. Everything else is fine. I would still like to hear your stories.

Last edited:

britoo

Sep 11, 2018
So my passport is still valid for another 5 years and I'd definitely prefer not to have to renew it, but the front cover is almost totally faded. I'm planning to go to Indonesia in about a month and any other country I don't think I'd have any worry about entering but reading stuff like this is making me worried: https://www.sbs.com.au/language/ind...heck-your-passport-for-damage-first/jegmyrxv2 there is no water damage and the machine readable and photo pages are totally fine. I travelled on it about a year ago and no problem.

Just hoping to hear your stories of entering the country, especially if someone had a faded front cover. Hoping I'm worrying over nothing.

edit: thinking I'll probably be fine, you can still read it's origin country, but it's faded. Everything else is fine. I would still like to hear your stories.
Past performance is not an indicator of future performance as advisors often say.

Diclaimer aside, my passport was in a similar state to yours ie embossed gold shield and text faded otherwise all good.

I never encountered any problems and probably had 5 visas issued, mostly onshore but probably 1 offshore too. Scanned passport cover required for b211 application.

To be bulletproof you could renew it, unless you are in the uk, they are on strike

To be safe you could get the visa online so you take the desk guy having a bad hair day out of the loop. Anyone know if the online VOA require the cover to be scanned?

To be honest my experience suggests you'll be fine......

But you get to own the consequences whichever way it goes.

Hope this helps

RossM

Jan 19, 2022

Ptesent it already open at the picture page.

Reactions: PERtoDPS