hinakos

Sep 3, 2008
Bali + Vietnam
im wondering if your landlord also has relatives living close to you that may be sharing the water (and hot water) therefore your water heater may never be off. be interesting to know how big the element is in your hot water system (watts), and also the size of your water pump (either in amps "A" or watts "w") Also wondering what your pool pump timer setting are. how many hours per day is this on. Ask your pool man to get these details for you if possible. Also ask him to get the size of the hot water system and pump for you (if you can get the message through to him). I have a 3 bed 3 bath villa with a 3.5 x 9m pool and water purification system - average bills when villa is using all rooms / aircons are around 1.1 mill a month (5500w meter) - but I do have cheap hot water from my reverse cycle aircon water hater and also all LED low wattage lighting.

alex margou

Jul 20, 2013
TARIF IS B2
7700 VA
Owner of villa hand delivers to me each month..

Are we any closer to solving this problem...??

What is the difference between the 2 meter readings taken 1 month apart, in kWh? How much is the PPJ? How much is the BIAYA BEBAN?

Lea

Jun 11, 2012
Husband has looked everywhere for a hot water system but we don't have one,
we are using the owners hot water system on their roof, (solar ) and we are almost positive
that we are paying for their water..
Pool pump in on 8 to 12 hours per day...

hinakos

Sep 3, 2008
Bali + Vietnam
ok not much you can say about them taking your water if they are in turn giving back your cold water as hot water.

id be looking at what davita and alex are suggesting with regards to billing and tarriffs.

ive been in Bali a long time and was unaware that there was a business and a residential tarriff as Davita mentions. i guess i've always been on residential. I woud have imagined business meant stores, industrial premises, restuaraunts etc....not villa's / accom.

im wondering if this means if one is setting up new villas will they automatically classified as Business tarriff instead of residential?

alex margou

Jul 20, 2013
TARIF IS B2
7700 VA
Owner of villa hand delivers to me each month..

Look at the 2 meter readings on the latest bill. Then look at the reading on the meter itself now today.

Here's an example with made up numbers:

1st reading (ST METER AWAL) 56193
2nd reading (ST METER AKHIR) 58643
Today's reading 61547

You can see that in a month around 2,500 kWh were used. And now a further 3,000kWh have been used.

But now how about this example?

1st reading (ST METER AWAL) 56193
2nd reading (ST METER AKHIR) 58643
Today's reading 14237

If today's reading obviously doesn't follow on from the readings on the bill then your landlord has given you the wrong bill for the wrong house.

I've re-done the estimate for your usage based on the 2 ACs, 2 fans, TV, fridge, pool, pond and also added in 2 hours a day washing machine @ 1kW. It all comes to around 1,000 kWh per month. I've tried to work back from a bill of 3.5 million @ B2/7.7kVA and it seems to point to around 2,500kWh per month perhaps. But it's difficult to do it accurately without knowing the meter readings on the bill and the monthly standing charge (BIAYA BEBAN).

Finally, Davita has spotted that you should not be on tariff B2 (Business 2) but should be on R3 (Residential 3). While this is perhaps correct (is a rented house a Business?), there isn't actually much point in spending any effort trying to get this changed as the rates are currently almost identical, and, from 1 Oct 13 the B2 rate and the R3 rate will be exactly the same.

{For those who are interested - look here - http://prokum.esdm.go.id/permen/2012/Permen ESDM 30 2012.pdf - and compare No.6 on LAMPIRAN II-D with No.5 on LAMPIRAN III-D}

Last edited:

Karen

Sep 5, 2013
So funny. We purchased our apartment and a little delegation arrived to tell us we were hooked to our neighbours hot water. Apparently it had been that way for years but no one ever told the poor gal who was paying the bill. Needless to say we installed our own but weird that no one bothered to tell her if everyone else knew about it.

Last edited:

alex margou

Jul 20, 2013
What's weird about no-one saying they are getting free hot water, courtesy of some rich western sucker?