extending tourist visa?

matahari

Mar 8, 2005
Oslo
before the new visa law took place in indonesia in the begining of 2003 it was pretty easy to get your tourist visa extended without leaving the country! Do anyone know if that still is a possibility without having to pay to much or is it just not worth it anymore because of the short stay permit on the new tourist visa?

this is ofcourse not a long term solution, but it would be nice not have to start organize my social visa first thing ariving to bali.

Bert Vierstra

Nov 5, 2002
Homeless
As far as I know its not possible te extend you visa in Bali, and Swedes need to apply for a tourist visa in Sweden anyway.

So why not apply for a social visa right away in Sweden?

mimpimanis

Nov 4, 2003
Kuta, Lombok
www.mimpimanis.com
I had a guest who tried to extend - she was told she could but it equated to $25 per day. I am sure they ere just going to charge her overstay. She decided it was not worth it.

Having said that I heard a few days ago that it has been announced that the new visa rules are to be changed allowing Holland & 14 other countrieswo currently cant get VOA to be able to do so. Also that the visa will reveret to 60days.

Hope its true!
Gemma

matahari

Mar 8, 2005
Oslo
Bert, okey. I thought that imigration maybe had found loopholes in the system to continue there little sidebusiness they had before the new law.

but problably not.

Gemma, that would be amazing =) can`t see any info about it on the indonesian embasy`s website... but hopefully it will pop up..

lozza

Mar 9, 2005
FNQ OZ
I saw this on another Bali forum - maybe it may help

I already heard it in August lest year on a businessmeeting in Jakarta,but the words are out now in Jakarta.(pronouncement from the minister of tourism Jero Wacik)The Visa on Arrival rules will change for 16 countries who where left out.So people from Holland,China and several other countries can now also get a V.o.A in Indonesia.But the best news is that the new rules cancel the old one.So you get a 60 days visa again.It's not know when the new rules will be in force but that doesn't matter.The most important is that IT WILL CHANGE.They said to me in August we will change the rules but we must seek the right time to do it so there will be no loss of face.No problem,dear minister!!

matahari

Mar 8, 2005
Oslo
well that is wonderfull news,that will make it alot easier for many people. Is there anywhere I could read about this on the web and where they list the countries,when do you think it could be expected they will inforce the new regulation.

:D

mimpimanis

Nov 4, 2003
Kuta, Lombok
www.mimpimanis.com
Kim if I can be forgiven for referring to my group, I have a swedish member & a freind from Sweden Married in Lombok who has split her time between Lombok & Sweden for many years & may be able to give you some more pointers.

Her name is Anita & her nicname is mimpikamis not be confused with mine!

Just post & she will respond at http://groups.msn.com/lomboklovers

Bert, please forgive me, I saw a genuine reason to do so :lol: