Nov 29, 2011
bali
Just on the verge of completing our small resort and had lots of experiences on the way, some good and some not so good! Willing to share with anyone who is thinking of doing similar.

Found some great genuine suppliers especially for lighting, terrazo, rattan, soft furnishings etc offering excellent service, quality, flexibility and prices and would be happy to pass on info as it could well save you time and heaps of money!

Legal... we used Highway in Ubud, maybe not the cheapest, but no complaints at all, they did a really good job!

pollyanna

Feb 8, 2010
Ubud, Bali
Crosskeycottage, you should write a blog or a diary while all the experiences are still fresh in your mind. Later you'd be glad to have it. If you do write a blog post the link in your Balipod sig line. We'd love to see it.

Nov 29, 2011
bali
Crosskeycottage, you should write a blog or a diary while all the experiences are still fresh in your mind. Later you'd be glad to have it. If you do write a blog post the link in your Balipod sig line. We'd love to see it.

Hi Pollyanna,

I guess it would be a way to vent some of our frustrations! I have a very good memory and a million photos to jog it! When we are settled and out of site of the builders, it won't be a blog - it will be a book ha ha!

spicyayam

Jan 12, 2009
I would be interested to know what suppliers you used. That kind of information is always helpful. So when is your resort going to open?

Nov 29, 2011
bali
As this is Bali, we would say we open very SOON!! We used two main contractors for the project as we have never built in Asia before, although some days we wish we had done our usual and project managed the whole thing ourselves, we virtually are now anyway! Everything else we have sourced ourselves, including plumbing materials and the interior etc.

We did the rounds finding suppliers, who would give us the best deals for quality and quantity (even with 2 of an item a deal can be struck) . Knowing the places to go in an unfamiliar country is the key. Ask locals, the fountain of all knowledge!