Exit/Entry Permit

Fred2

Oct 13, 2010
Surabaya/Australia
What started as a simple renewal of my permit has turned into a nightmare.
Before I left Australia I had to renew my passport, immigration in Bali were fine just checked my old passport with Kitap.
Immigration Surabaya (same office for the last 11 years) they told me that my address is no longer in there area.
Choice, transfer all my paper work to new office miles away or change my address to were I live in local area.
Now I need to change my address on all my paper work after I get letter from RT to say I live here.
Change my passport number to my file.
Then apply for my permit, not sure if I get 1 or 2 year as my Kitaps is due next year.
What should take 3 days is now 3 weeks.

tel522

Oct 30, 2015
What started as a simple renewal of my permit has turned into a nightmare.
Before I left Australia I had to renew my passport, immigration in Bali were fine just checked my old passport with Kitap.
Immigration Surabaya (same office for the last 11 years) they told me that my address is no longer in there area.
Choice, transfer all my paper work to new office miles away or change my address to were I live in local area.
Now I need to change my address on all my paper work after I get letter from RT to say I live here.
Change my passport number to my file.
Then apply for my permit, not sure if I get 1 or 2 year as my Kitaps is due next year.
What should take 3 days is now 3 weeks.
The joys of bureaucracy here !

Fred2

Oct 13, 2010
Surabaya/Australia
If they were in the same office it would be easier, I was at a government meeting which they were explaining how things were much faster and better orgazined :oops: you just smile.

Fred2

Oct 13, 2010
Surabaya/Australia
Well all finished , back to Australia tomorrow and back to work.
They gave me a 1 year permit as my Kitaps is due next year, hope that doesn't turn into nightmare.