Joe Writeson

Jul 30, 2013
Indonesia
Nice story Joe. Difficult to read however with the black background.

Point taken, it looks ok on my HP laptop but obviously different on other monitors judging by comments, altering the background to make it darker.

Meanwhile...thank you for your constructive input.

Ok I have darkened the 'Coal' background ...

Last edited:

samsiam

Feb 2, 2014
Agree. Nice story.

I am at the complete other spectrum to Joe and while I have certainly appreciated it every minute, things like this read make me sit back and think and realise how lucky I am.

My son was born in 2002, at 9 months old we left homeland and moved to Thailand. Since then I have spent every day with him and his little sister added in 2005.

Parents spend too much time away from their kids...then send them off to be baby sat at school...in fact Joe should seriously look at homeschool for various reasons.

Other parents out there should read this and use it as a wake up call....especially the 2 bits about being away working ALL the time...but then, coming home and going out with your mates ALL the time.

At the end of the day, quite possibly only your kids will love and care for you without an ulterior motive.

The Larkins

Jun 9, 2014
Lovely story, Joe. Thanks for sharing it. I remember, after my eldest was born, someone helpfully saying she would take the baby for the afternoon to 'give me a break'. A break from what, I wondered? A break from the one thing I'd wanted my whole life? A break from unconditional love, adoration and attention? Not bloody likely! :)