islandchef

Feb 7, 2011
My current contract finishes this month & will not be extended by my current employer....but i have secured a new position.
I understand i have to apply for EPO (exit permit only) & leave Indonesia....would MY current multiple entry visa allow me to return to Indonesia?
This starts to become a headache.

Cheers.

Fred2

Oct 13, 2010
Surabaya/Australia
Your employer provide you with a EPO, I think it gives you 7 days to leave Indonesia. You can return to Indonesia on any valid visa(VOA,sosbud). When you get you new job you will have to leave Indonesia, enter on your new company sponsored visa.

Nydave

Jun 4, 2015
Great question,i have been wondering the same thing for years,usually doesn't apply to me as I always use a social visa but this time I'm on paid Voa and I have to leave again by the end of the month for the second time this trip,

It's weird how things are in different countrys,end of Jan I left for an overnight in Kl and I got a 90 day visa for Malaysia no questions asked,left Kl again for Ri 9 hours later,

Normy

Jul 22, 2012
Perth, Sanur
So you extended your paid voa for the 2nd month without leaving Indonesia? Then when expired, at end of 2 months you would have to leave and start again.

islandchef

Feb 7, 2011
Thanks for the info,it becomes so confusing even after 10 years here !
What the employer has told me is that
1.The flight ticket should be attached to the passport & submitted to immigration in Denpasar & will take 10 days to process.
2 Go to Singapore only for immigration stamp (No need to go to Embassy in Singapore)
3 Return to Bali VOA.
4 Process KITAS & IMTA.

At this point it gets confusing...
After this process, can i THEN transfer the KITAS to my wife (Indonesian)
I have been told that new regulations allow the KITAS to be transferred to an Indonesian wife without an EPO?

Fred2

Oct 13, 2010
Surabaya/Australia
EPO takes about 7 days, you only need to give your employer your passport. Your passport will have a exit stamp and max exit date to leave Indonesia(7days), your employer will hand in all your paper work.
If you want to be employed in Indonesia you need to go back to the start. New employer has text sent to Indonesia embassy for you to reenter Indonesia with new sponsor etc. You will need to change your sponsor from company to wife. You need all the same paper work for your Kitas and a letter asking for change of sponsor, no need to exit the country. I would ask you new employer to do all the paper work because it will be a rule pain for your wife(3 months).

Markit

Sep 3, 2007
Karangasem, Bali
Indonesia has always asked for visa to be applied for outside of the country, VOA is only new. How many western counties have VOA???

Most, if not all, countries have a VOA the only difference is the passport holder that is allowed to get it. For instance America has a VOA for all Europeans but try walking in if you come with an Asian passport

Mark

Apr 19, 2004
Most, if not all, countries have a VOA the only difference is the passport holder that is allowed to get it. For instance America has a VOA for all Europeans but try walking in if you come with an Asian passport

Piece of cake - six months VOA in US with a Singapore passport...

Mark

Apr 19, 2004
Ha ha Singapore doesn't count, it isn't Asia - that's shiny, squeeky, happy people country

So I guess Japan, South Korea and Taiwan are not Asia as well? All have 6 month US VOA... Dude you should get out of your cave more often.

Mark

Apr 19, 2004
Oh, and I forgot Brunei. So that's five Asian countries with 6 month VOA for US.

davita

Mar 13, 2012
Piece of cake - six months VOA in US with a Singapore passport...

USA has a Visa Waiver Program..... however, I don't think anyone gets 6 months.....it's for 90 days. Singapore belongs but Indonesia, Malaysia, Thailand, Philippines....NOT.

These are the eligible countries
https://www.dhs.gov/visa-waiver-program-requirements

There are also restrictions on the type of passport held...I believe they now have to be e-readable.

Canada used to be more open but they now require an internet registration of passport details prior to arrival. This isn't onerous but an attempt to know who is planning to arrive.

edit. This is also used for those countries with VWP passports for the USA..It is now required to register for an Electronic System of Travel Authorisation (ESTA) on the internet, for both countries, prior to travel

Last edited:

Mark

Apr 19, 2004
Singapore passports get six months and I can't imagine Japan, South Korea and Taiwan would get less. Not sure about Brunei...

davita

Mar 13, 2012
Singapore passports get six months and I can't imagine Japan, South Korea and Taiwan would get less. Not sure about Brunei...

Do you have any reference to show that Singapore gets 6 months on the VWP....my link above, from the USA Visa Waiver Program website, says 90 days.

no.idea

Feb 22, 2011
Sanur
1.The flight ticket should be attached to the passport & submitted to immigration in Denpasar & will take 10 days to process.
2 Go to Singapore only for immigration stamp (No need to go to Embassy in Singapore)
3 Return to Bali VOA.
4 Process KITAS & IMTA.

This is all correct but why not eliminate step 3 and move step 4 one rung up the ladder? Otherwise you will have to fly back to Singapore to get the new KITAS.

Fred2

Oct 13, 2010
Surabaya/Australia

So Indonesia allows me to hop on a plane, walk to Immigration, pay $35US and have a holiday(Australian). After checking America VOA, I have to APPLY FOR ESTA, pay $14US, have a passport with chip, wait for my ESTA to be approved, then hop on a plane.
This is Visa wavier program which is only for 90 days for countries listed.
American VOA??????