electrics

cosmos

Jan 15, 2019
In the last week half of my power in my villa has gone off a few times, now daily and i just switch it on, but obviously something is wrong, any ideas

Markit

Sep 3, 2007
Karangasem, Bali
You have a an intermittent short somewhere - put on some rubber bottomed sandals and check all your power points and attached equipment out. With your right hand - non-heart side :oops:

PERtoDPS

Dec 31, 2018
Has new appliance been added by you or a neighbour? I remember at our old apartment if we went TV, mircowave, ac and induction cooking it tripped everything. Are you running multiple things at once? Specially the bigger power drawing items fridge, AC, induction cooking would be the most likely culprits IMO.

Are you sharing power with neighbours? Something going on there? Maybe investigate?

JohnnyCool

Jan 10, 2009
Sanur
We have two PLN power sources at our place. A couple of weeks ago, with no new appliances/devices plugged in, switched a bedroom ceiling light on and poof! Half our electricity went off. I’m not a sparky, so called an electrician in. He reckoned the socket for the light was “dirty”. He removed the bulb, cleaned the socket and replaced the bulb. Success, until:

A few nights ago, sitting around doing nothing watching a movie, the power went off again.
The cover on one of our fuse boxes was open and a rat dropped down on my feet. Somehow the rat had flipped the switch. (That fuse box was not the one with the bedroom light.)

We’ve also got some big-sounding critter(s) rumbling in our downstairs ceiling. Don’t know what it is but sounds too big for a rat (unless it’s one of those giants from Flores). Could be cats/civets. Might have to buy a python and let it deal with it.
Next real steps: Call an electrician back and pest controller.

:eek:

Juggler

Jun 20, 2018
In the last week half of my power in my villa has gone off a few times, now daily and i just switch it on, but obviously something is wrong, any ideas
I know at our place the way of the building contruction is the issue....
the power is feed from the top of the wall down a conduit to the power point or switch....dust and stuff fall down the conduit and lodges in the back of the PP or SW. Then with the humidity the dust etc effectively shorts out the contacts and trips the breaker. Remove the PP and use a paint brush to clean the insides of them or get an listrik man ...If you need one I have an excellent guy

Reactions: JohnnyCool

Markit

Sep 3, 2007
Karangasem, Bali
Probably both.
I've had ongoing wars with "critters" that the missus suggested, since they are so cute, we kindly ask to go live somewhere else. My suggestion was as usual, knock yourself out!
The "critters" proceeded to eat into everything they could and then leave a huge pile of shit in the dishes cupboard. Missus was not impressed but refused to ask for the "final solution" - which I did anyway and after 3 tries I got lucky, critter 3 - 0.

Go for the trap -they love bacon. Poison you'll get everything else in the neighborhood too.