spicyayam

Jan 12, 2009
You can see the security footage here:

[video=youtube;3lxKlhzaR9w]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3lxKlhzaR9w[/video]

[FONT=&quot]Budget airline Citilink Indonesia announced that it has dismissed Capt. Tekad Purna for unprofessional conduct, which resulted in the delay of Flight QC 800 from Surabaya, East Java, to Jakarta on Wednesday (28/12).

[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]The pilot is accused of having reported for duty while drunk, which prompted passengers to demand his replacement.

"Based on reports and the current investigation, Citilink management has arrived at a decision to dismiss the pilot," Citilink chief executive Albert Burhan said at a press conference in Jakarta on Friday.

In a written statement received by the Jakarta Globe, Albert is quoted as saying that the pilot had committed a severe violation and acted in an unprofessional manner in the performance of his duties.

The pilot had allegedly also ignored flight safety and security procedures, which had the potential to endanger the lives of passengers and crew.

"Three fundamental issues were violated. They are the employment law, company regulations and human resources policies in Citilink," Albert said.

He said Citilink has a zero-tolerance policy towards unprofessional conduct by employees.

The airline management apologized for the inconvenience and called on all flight and ground crews to comply with standing regulations.

[/FONT]

Citilink CEO Steps Down After Sacking 'Drunk' Pilot of Flight QC 800 | Jakarta Globe

Markit

Sep 3, 2007
Karangasem, Bali
I hope they fired the "security" staff too for letting that arsehole through to his plane.

Would a passenger exhibiting the same level of alc poisoning be allowed on a plane? I think not.

spicyayam

Jan 12, 2009
Here is another one of him in the cockpit. The fact he got even that far is incredible.

[video=youtube;1HPbIdL0Ncg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1HPbIdL0Ncg[/video]

mugwump

Mar 15, 2011
seattle pekutatan
Aren't you guys being a bit harsh with the poor pilot? Have you ever seen inside one of those planes? You would have to have had a few to fly anything that antiquated! Had one flight on a Citijunk plane and swore never again.

SamD

Sep 7, 2006
Seminyak
Aren't you guys being a bit harsh with the poor pilot? Have you ever seen inside one of those planes? You would have to have had a few to fly anything that antiquated! Had one flight on a Citijunk plane and swore never again.

Haha. The only thing thing that is "antiquated" about this is the pilot's attitude. Thinking he could get away with it instead of being plastered (pun intended) all over Youtube within minutes of his taking up his seat as PIC.

Amusing to watch now, knowing that he actually didn't get as far as take-off. But pity his family having to witness his career-ending binge on public media. Such is life.

davita

Mar 13, 2012
Davita is this your antics from years ago

We had a drinking limit rule...'8 hours from bottle to throttle' ...or was it 8 bottles before throttles.....cannot remember.:drunk::confused:
It cannot be 8 throttles coz' I only remember 4 'cept when I did a couple of years on the L1011 Tristar...kept trying to start engine No.4 'till someone said it only had 3 engines...:grumpy:
I converted to the B747 and almost forgot to start engine No.4 at first try in the flight simulator...good for a laugh but a little humbling...:icon_redface:

You remind me of when we had a long layover in Dhahran in Saudi (dry...no booze). We'd fly to Frankfurt arriving at the hotel at breakfast. There we'd take-off our jackets and epaulettes and got stuck into steins of frothy german beer. It was still obvious we were cockpit crew and I often wondered if some people may have thought we were departing crew and not just arrived....must have given them a shock.

We're in Jakarta for New Year and just came off a cruise from Singapore to Hong Kong as celebration for having 2 successful surgeries in Bali in 2016.
We will see millions of Jakartans light up the sky with fireworks from our balcony later...always tears me-up to think of all those poor people enjoying their crackers and bringing in the New Year.

So Happy New Year everyone....lang may yer lum reek

Last edited:

tintin

Sep 13, 2005
Boston, MA, USA
We had a drinking limit rule...'8 hours from bottle to throttle' ...or was it 8 bottles before throttles.....cannot remember.:drunk::confused:
It cannot be 8 throttles coz' I only remember 4 'cept when I did a couple of years on the L1011 Tristar...kept trying to start engine No.4 'till someone said it only had 3 engines...:grumpy:
I converted to the B747 and almost forgot to start engine No.4 at first try in the flight simulator...good for a laugh but a little humbling...:icon_redface:

You remind me of when we had a long layover in Dhahran in Saudi (dry...no booze). We'd fly to Frankfurt arriving at the hotel at breakfast. There we'd take-off our jackets and epaulettes and got stuck into steins of frothy german beer. It was still obvious we were cockpit crew and I often wondered if some people may have thought we were departing crew and not just arrived....must have given them a shock.

We're in Jakarta for New Year and just came off a cruise from Singapore to Hong Kong as celebration for having 2 successful surgeries in Bali in 2016.
We will see millions of Jakartans light up the sky with fireworks from our balcony later...always tears me-up to think of all those poor people enjoying their crackers and bringing in the New Year.

So Happy New Year everyone....lang may yer lum reek

I must admit I had a good laugh with your recounting of some of your experiences as a (drunk) pilot (But it was funny ONLY in retrospect!). I wish you a Happy New Year and a prompt and full recovery from your "little procedures".

Last edited: