justperry

Jan 6, 2013
Hi all.
First post here.

I been living on and of in Indonesia for 12 years now, we have had several different Satellite TV providers and lately
having lots of problems with Indovision.

We had Indovision before and did not have many issues, also has Astro before and I think they were much better than
Indovision, their customer support was better but sadly Indonesia F.. up.

Now, we got a Indovision box with it, this is not HD and I decided to get a dreambox 800Hd (not se), a clone.
This box works with Indovision but the HD does not and I know it is Indovision where the problem lies.
I actually don't really care much about the HD channels but I think the Dreambox is much better, I can record for one
and another good thing is I can reorder the channels, this is a big one since Indovisions channels are all over the place
especially since they moved lots of them a couple of months ago.
All Indonesian channels should start from channel 1 and then up, now they are all over the place.

But, this is not my main problem, the main problem is that after paying the bill I still get disconnected from all channels
except TVRI, so a few months I had to SMS/Text Indovision and the Indovision box gets authorized again.
But, now we got disconnected 3 times in a month, first on December 27, that's the monthly case, then again on January
1 which got solved 1 1/2 days later and now again today.

The problem is the Dreambox was connected and the card was in the dreambox, it seems like if Indovision sends the code
the dreambox can not authorize the Card.

Now, a couple of months before we live in a house with two levels, 1 TV on each level and the Indovision box was always
connected and had no problems, the card was mosly in the drambox on the second level and even that did not matter.
Now, we have only one TV connected for the moment and the Indovision box is not connected, I still have to manage the
other Dish so there is only one cable connected to the dreambox.
So I guess I have the Indovision box connected to a dish at all times and leave it in standby at all times.

The question is, are there people here with a Dreambox, and if so, do you have your Indovision box connected to a dish at
all times or not, and if not is your dreambox having troubles with the authorization from Indovision?

To end this, I pay for Indovision, I am NOT cardsharing and only use it to record.

Thank you all Perry

JabberWokker

Nov 10, 2005
Bali
Hi,

I have a dreambox 800se hd pvr probably a clone, as cheapish *uk one, and it works perfectly apart from there is no way you can get hd for indovision (I subscribe to hd) and have done lots of research and for sd it's a perfect solution for Bali. I only ever have a problem when I get a power cut and have to reboot a couple times, otherwise it's flawless. I'm still amazed my pvr hd works after all the cuts....

From what I have learned through experience and hearing from other people is that none of the satellite providers are good, I've tried three. *I personally have had multiple yes tv installations that failed on a regular basis whereas with indovision *its been decent. Based on my experience and watching the installation engineers, lol, here they seem to not install to a high level. More of point and hope for the signal etc. all my dishes lnbs have silver foil wrapped around them and i never have seen this living elsewhere. Maybe your problem is not the dreambox but the installation, check your original box with your connections first. With the storms etc the dishes move about. *

If that does not work then your down to the Linux forums for a reflash of your firmware. If your in the deep south then maybe we can meet up and you can see what I have.

Hope this helps.

justperry

Jan 6, 2013
Hi,

I have a dreambox 800se hd pvr probably a clone, as cheapish *uk one, and it works perfectly apart from there is no way you can get hd for indovision (I subscribe to hd) and have done lots of research and for sd it's a perfect solution for Bali. I only ever have a problem when I get a power cut and have to reboot a couple times, otherwise it's flawless. I'm still amazed my pvr hd works after all the cuts....

From what I have learned through experience and hearing from other people is that none of the satellite providers are good, I've tried three. *I personally have had multiple yes tv installations that failed on a regular basis whereas with indovision *its been decent. Based on my experience and watching the installation engineers, lol, here they seem to not install to a high level. More of point and hope for the signal etc. all my dishes lnbs have silver foil wrapped around them and i never have seen this living elsewhere. Maybe your problem is not the dreambox but the installation, check your original box with your connections first. With the storms etc the dishes move about. *

If that does not work then your down to the Linux forums for a reflash of your firmware. If your in the deep south then maybe we can meet up and you can see what I have.

Hope this helps.

Hi JabberWokker

I have seen you on another expat forum before, last time I think was about HD, yes I am aware HD does not work since about 7 months, I don't care that much, would be nice to have it but if it doesn't, no big deal.

Now, about the problem, it is not my dish, if it shows all channels then the dish is aligned well, this does not mean it is perfect here.
We moved about 2 months ago and the dish is still not fixed permanently because it's hard to do so without the right tools, but I do have an AGC of about 96 to 99 and a SNR of about 75 like before when it was OK.
I'm pretty sure you understand our problem, the box just can't be authorized by Indovision, if it is the picture is perfect but then Indovision sends the new code and it's gone.
As I said before, it happened more after we moved, and before the Indovision box was always connected to another dish but the card was mostly in the Dreambox.
In the last 1-2 weeks it got problems on the 27th, 1st and 5th of January(27th is 5 days after we paid-have to pay), I am pretty sure Indovision changed their policy, instead of once a month they started to authorize every 5 days from January 1st, this probably changed due to too many people using CardSharing.

Now, the DM should work, it works with your DM, it should work here, but I do have questions, which CCcam do you have and did you put a BoxID in it?
I tried many different images due to another problem I have with it, about this later, but in between now and the 27th I tried two and they both do not work, I had OpenPLI before and during the 27th and the 1st and then after the first I changed to Gemini 5,1, both patched off course and I think both ran CCcam 2.1.3.

I live in Bandung, I bit too far, otherwise it would be nice to have some help from you (t)here, but, I am an electrical engineer and I am really good with computer stuff, have a Mac myself and know the ins and outs of it, I found it a steep learning curve to start with a Dreambox and I still think it is a immensely difficult System to learn.
I got this box here from Kings-Parabola, nice guy and helpful, I do think though this box is not that good, I do have problems with it, the picture freezes on manly one channel, TransTv is the one and sometimes also freezes on other Channels on the same transponder, NEVER on a different transponder.
I think the reason is that the signal does not lock on that transponder, if I switch to another channel and back it won't happen again.
But, aside if this the box seems to do well, software I find so so, not really thought about well, too many pushes of buttons and changing channels if you use the numerical buttons is too slow.

Back to the main problem, so the questions I have, do I need to add a BoxID, do you have the original Indovision box connected(does it work without-concerning authorization) and which CCcam do you use, any config file in there, is so I would like to have it.

Cheers for now Perry

JabberWokker

Nov 10, 2005
Bali
I am pretty sure Indovision changed their policy, instead of once a month they started to authorize every 5 days from January 1st, this probably changed due to too many people using CardSharing.

I don’t have any card sharing setup and have never had to re-authorize anything.

which CCcam do you have and did you put a BoxID in it?

From my settings menu I have Softcam/CI and setup for “oscan-stable”. No box id is setup anywhere.

I tried many different images due to another problem I have with it, about this later, but in between now and the 27th I tried two and they both do not work, I had OpenPLI before and during the 27th and the 1st and then after the first I changed to Gemini 5,1, both patched off course and I think both ran CCcam 2.1.3.

My image is:

Hardware: DM800SE
Image: Openpli 2.1
Kernal Version: 2.6.18
Enigma: Feb 22 2012

Your mention of CCcam makes me remember that when I had a choice of CCcam to download I chose the latest at that time, about nine months ago.

Back to the main problem, so the questions I have, do I need to add a BoxID, do you have the original Indovision box connected(does it work without-concerning authorization) and which CCcam do you use, any config file in there, is so I would like to have it.

I would not bother with a box id I think your problem is elsewhere. I do have my original Indovision HD Samsung box and a couple older ones that are used for TopTV installations I have. My card works perfectly switching into any of these boxes and then back to the dreambox, all that is needed is a reboot.

I spent days upon days getting mine to work. I was very much trial and error. I eventually hacked together my own satellites.xml file and played with numerous tuner settings.

My tuner settings are:

Tuner A: BCM4505 (DVB-S2)
Satellite: Cakrawarta 1, SES 7 (108E) S
Priority: Auto
LOF: User defined
LOF/L: 03620
LOF/H: 03620
Threshold: 11700
Voltage Mode: Polarization
Increased Voltage: no
Tone mode: Band
DiSEqC mode: 1.0
Toneburst: None
Committed DiSEqC command: AA
Fast DiSEqC: Yes
Sequential Repeat: no
Command order: committed, toneburst

Hope all this helps and you get it working.

JabberWokker

Nov 10, 2005
Bali
Oh! one thing I forgot to mention is Indovision are about to give full PVR availability soon as the new HD boxes and remote control are setup for full PVR. Which makes my dreambox redundant unless I use it with one of my TopTV.

I added a USB drive to mine and had the record menus etc come up but got a subscription error when trying to press record.

I really hope they keep it as it looks like it is going to be, as recording to an external hard disk is great for archiving the recorded HD movies to an iTunes library or other type of library for streaming .

justperry

Jan 6, 2013
I don’t have any card sharing setup and have never had to re-authorize anything.

Neither do I

From my settings menu I have Softcam/CI and setup for “oscan-stable”. No box id is setup anywhere.

Good to know, I will put the old the old PLI Image in it and try these.

My image is:

Hardware: DM800SE
Image: Openpli 2.1
Kernal Version: 2.6.18
Enigma: Feb 22 2012

Your mention of CCcam makes me remember that when I had a choice of CCcam to download I chose the latest at that time, about nine months ago.

I would not bother with a box id I think your problem is elsewhere. I do have my original Indovision HD Samsung box and a couple older ones that are used for TopTV installations I have. My card works perfectly switching into any of these boxes and then back to the dreambox, all that is needed is a reboot.

I see, so no BoxID needed.

I spent days upon days getting mine to work. I was very much trial and error. I eventually hacked together my own satellites.xml file and played with numerous tuner settings.

Yeah it's a steep learning curve but I managed, but don't seem to get this solved.

My tuner settings are:

Tuner A: BCM4505 (DVB-S2)
Satellite: Cakrawarta 1, SES 7 (108E) S
Priority: Auto
LOF: User defined
LOF/L: 03620
LOF/H: 03620
Threshold: 11700
Voltage Mode: Polarization
Increased Voltage: no
Tone mode: Band
DiSEqC mode: 1.0
Toneburst: None
Committed DiSEqC command: AA
Fast DiSEqC: Yes
Sequential Repeat: no
Command order: committed, toneburst

Hope all this helps and you get it working.

Same settings as yours except DiSEqC since I don't have more than one dish, actually I have but right now the other one is not connected.

Oh! one thing I forgot to mention is Indovision are about to give full PVR availability soon as the new HD boxes and remote control are setup for full PVR. Which makes my dreambox redundant unless I use it with one of my TopTV.

I added a USB drive to mine and had the record menus etc come up but got a subscription error when trying to press record.

I really hope they keep it as it looks like it is going to be, as recording to an external hard disk is great for archiving the recorded HD movies to an iTunes library or other type of library for streaming .

The problem with this you have to pay more each month, rent of equipment, not much I know but still.

I also asked these questions on another well known expat forum and Bali88 is a good help as with you, don't think they like a link here to another forum so I won't.
Tomorrow the girl is out so I have a bit of time to sort this out.
I am also going to order a Attenuator from the UK, I think my AGC is too high (99) which can give problems too, I have problems with freezing channels, TransTV many times freezes after zapping from RCTI, zap to Trans 7 and back solves this problem.

Last edited: