Does anyone know how someone can fly from Sydney to Bali at this time?

matsaleh

Super Moderator
May 26, 2004
Legian, Bali
No flights scheduled to arrive in Bali at present. Quarantine in Jakarta first, then domestic flight to Bali. Garuda is flying once a week Sydney to Jakarta on Wednesdays. Next flight with seats available is 24 November.

Reactions: PERtoDPS

PERtoDPS

Dec 31, 2018
No flights scheduled to arrive in Bali at present. Quarantine in Jakarta first, then domestic flight to Bali. Garuda is flying once a week Sydney to Jakarta on Wednesdays. Next flight with seats available is 24 November.

Is correct, I have a few friends that recently entered the country most took the budget option for quarantine if you want a few pointers let me know I will post.

PERtoDPS

Dec 31, 2018
https://quarantinehotelsjakarta.com/hotels/sahid-serpong.html I had a friend stay here, she said the food was shit, I looked it up it's the most basic Indonesian food you can imagine, bakso and basic chicken meals. Wifi was around 25 Mbits, had occasional times where it dropped out for a few hours. She said the room wasn't that clean but first time in Indonesia I suspect probably just a bit rundown and all the weird smells and stuff when you're new.

Was able to send the staff to shops and to get food and other items in exchange for small tips.

Someone on here posted this one a while ago https://quarantinehotelsjakarta.com/hotels/fm-7-resort-bandara.html seemed to have alright wifi and a little better food menu. I think it had western menu also but check for yourself.

Personally I'd be getting a cheap hotel with ok wifi and sending them out to get food.

Would be good if you could report back your experience also for others to learn from.

PetraBali

Nov 7, 2021
bali
www.alamsantidesign.com
https://quarantinehotelsjakarta.com/hotels/sahid-serpong.html I had a friend stay here, she said the food was shit, I looked it up it's the most basic Indonesian food you can imagine, bakso and basic chicken meals. Wifi was around 25 Mbits, had occasional times where it dropped out for a few hours. She said the room wasn't that clean but first time in Indonesia I suspect probably just a bit rundown and all the weird smells and stuff when you're new.

Was able to send the staff to shops and to get food and other items in exchange for small tips.

Someone on here posted this one a while ago https://quarantinehotelsjakarta.com/hotels/fm-7-resort-bandara.html seemed to have alright wifi and a little better food menu. I think it had western menu also but check for yourself.

Personally I'd be getting a cheap hotel with ok wifi and sending them out to get food.

Would be good if you could report back your experience also for others to learn from.
thanks again @PERtoDPS I asked around a few friends that have recently coming through from europe and these were the recommendations:

Suggested Hotels for Quarantine in Jakarta
HARRIS Suites Puri Mansion - LINK
Booking through business WA at +6282211576060
3 days 2 nights at One Bedroom Suite with private balcony IDR5,500,00 (for 1 person who is fully vaccinated), rate is inclusive of:
  1. 2 time(s) PCR for 1 person(s)
  2. 3 x daily meals
  3. 5 pc(s) laundry/day, non accumulative
  4. 1 Way Airport pick up Service
  5. Clearance letter
Terms & Conditions:
  • 1st PCR test at the Airport upon arrival
  • 2nd PCR test taken on day 3rd at 4-5AM
  • Deposit payment is required max 3 days before arrival
  • Reservation is confirmed once deposit is transferred
  • Cancellation within 2 days prior to arrival is subject to a full charge & non refundable
  • WNI or WNA must show full (2x) vaccination & PCR result upon arrival at Soekarno Hatta International Airport
Other available packages, linked here
Novotel Tangerang - LINK
Superior room 32 sqm is at IDR 4,000,000 (for passengers who are fully vaccinated), rate is inclusive of:
  1. 2 time(s) PCR for 1 person(s)
  2. Breakfast, lunch and dinner for 1 person(s)
  3. 5 pc(s) laundry/day
  4. 1 Way Airport pick up Service
Booking through whatsapp (Lita Saputri T: +6285945151994) by completing the data below:
  • Check-in date:
  • Check-out date:
  • Full Name & Passport number:
  • Total person(s):
  • Time of Arrival:
  • Mobile number:
  • Email address:
  • Flights number & landing time to Soekarno-Hatta Airport:
  • Credit card number & expiry date:
  • Attach all guest(s) copy passports
  • Attach flight ticket(s)
Hotel facilities:
  • Smoking/non-smoking room preferences are subject to availability
  • Balcony/open window are not available
  • Mini Bar/fridge in the room
  • Menu selection: Indonesian or Western Food
  • Food allergy can be accommodated and shall be inform when checking in
  • Considering the regulation from the Government, we are only proposing full quarantine package inclusive with everything
  • Wi-Fi connection is fast & stable up to 5 Mbps
Important notes as per the Government regulation;
  • Guests are required to stay in their room during the quarantine period
  • Swimming pool & Gym are currently unavailable to accessed by quarantine guest
  • For the use of proper food safety practices any kind of food from outside the hotel is currently prohibited (except medicinal purposes)
  • A QR code needed for a police checkpoint will be sent to a guest's email 24 hours prior to their arrival date. This QR code will only be required for police checkpoint outside the Airport exit gate terminal 3
  • Guests are suggested to download peduli lindungi application from App/Playstore and fill in their complete data before arriving at Soekarno-Hatta airport in order to receive a QR code needed inside the airport.
Payment
  • Domestic/International bank transfers
  • Credit card swiping at hotel (with a prepaid deposit of 20% of the total amount before check in date)

Reactions: PERtoDPS

Ginand T

Sep 30, 2019
Flying in to Jakarta ex Sydney early December. Three days quarantine seems to be the standard . Im looking for any updates on places to stay. Dos and don'ts. The Novotel as above seems ok.

Ginand T

Sep 30, 2019

Good idea, anything with a balcony would give some sense of freedom
Im looking at Tangerang area, any ideas.

matsaleh

Super Moderator
May 26, 2004
Legian, Bali
Good idea, anything with a balcony would give some sense of freedom
Im looking at Tangerang area, any ideas.
I've only seen 3 hotels with balconies noted elsewhere. Haris Puri Mansion, Novotel Jakarta and Hotel Borobudur. All are 4 or 5 star hotels. Not sure if hotels will allow food deliveries any longer. Best to check with them before booking.

Ginand T

Sep 30, 2019
I've only seen 3 hotels with balconies noted elsewhere. Haris Puri Mansion, Novotel Jakarta and Hotel Borobudur. All are 4 or 5 star hotels. Not sure if hotels will allow food deliveries any longer. Best to check with them before booking.
OK thanks

PERtoDPS

Dec 31, 2018

They don't allow food deliveries, but it appears some staff will go out and get the food for you in exchange for tips.

Metter

Oct 8, 2017
Sanur Kauh
I booked the Novotel Tangerang so will post how the it goes.

Please do..

I am making a return to Adelaide in January. My usual 1 X 5 hour flight is now 4 flights and probably 36 hours door to door. This "new normal" sucks.

I am keeping fingers crossed that SA has reached 90% vaccine by then and quarantine is ceased.

Unless there are changes between now and January I will have to do the 3 day stint in Jakarta so any advice on good hotels ( clean and comfortable, good food and working aircon).

Ginand T

Sep 30, 2019
Please do..

I am making a return to Adelaide in January. My usual 1 X 5 hour flight is now 4 flights and probably 36 hours door to door. This "new normal" sucks.

I am keeping fingers crossed that SA has reached 90% vaccine by then and quarantine is ceased.

Unless there are changes between now and January I will have to do the 3 day stint in Jakarta so any advice on good hotels ( clean and comfortable, good food and working aircon).
5 Flights, how so. My return booked through FC in SA is Jakarta Syd Adl. Garuda flying weekly ATM.