Crystal

Sep 13, 2010
romanticallyimpaired.com
Here is the thing. I paid approximately $1000.00 USD for accredited online curriculum during my travels as I have not been in one spot in Indonesia. My son has been doing that four hours a day and the other four hours he was in my father’s formal school in Batam, Indonesia. We are now moving to Bali but rather than put him in an International School right away I was going to allow him to finish primary 2 online and with homeschooling. I have tons of curriculum and was thinking about hiring someone who is good with English to keep him up with an additional three hours a day, five days a week while I concentrate on work. I had responded to someone who had listed their services off baliadvertizer.biz but then when asking their rates she stated 225.000 per hour. That is nearly $25.00 USD an hour! She is not a native speaker either. I was just curious because I have noticed how much lower even native speakers ask.
I have emailed a few inquiries to a few international schools for the term of Jan-July but haven’t made up my mind yet. Has anyone hired someone for this kind of thing in Bali? How much did you pay per hour or monthly salary? I am just trying to weigh out my options for the rest of his primary two year.

tom

Sep 27, 2009
CA. USA
I have considered putting my kids into public school and supplementing that with home school. I think the interaction is important. Our kids are young; 3 years and 3 months. We will live in Kuta Lombok and currently the closest international schools are 1 1/2 hours drive. I am hoping someone opens one closer but I think the chances are slim.
the internet in Kuta Lombok is generally slow and unreliable. That could be a problem if extensive downloading of materials is required for a home schooling program. We are still a ways off and don't even live there yet but I am trying to gather information for when the time comes.

Crystal

Sep 13, 2010
romanticallyimpaired.com
I have considered putting my kids into public school and supplementing that with home school. I think the interaction is important. Our kids are young; 3 years and 3 months. We will live in Kuta Lombok and currently the closest international schools are 1 1/2 hours drive. I am hoping someone opens one closer but I think the chances are slim.
the internet in Kuta Lombok is generally slow and unreliable. That could be a problem if extensive downloading of materials is required for a home schooling program. We are still a ways off and don't even live there yet but I am trying to gather information for when the time comes.

I totally understand your concerns and online school would be hard for such young kids. My son is 8 years old and he is pretty computer savvy but nevertheless I do feel that he needs social interactions. Most online schools don't really give you too much to download but a powerful internet connection is crucial. It is also crucial in order for me to make money! So... I need a good connection. Are all internet connections in Bali relatively slow and unreliable? :(

Last edited by a moderator:

Mr T Arif Bawah

Oct 10, 2010
Here is the thing. I paid approximately $1000.00 USD for accredited online curriculum during my travels as I have not been in one spot in Indonesia. My son has been doing that four hours a day and the other four hours he was in my father’s formal school in Batam, Indonesia. We are now moving to Bali but rather than put him in an International School right away I was going to allow him to finish primary 2 online and with homeschooling. I have tons of curriculum and was thinking about hiring someone who is good with English to keep him up with an additional three hours a day, five days a week while I concentrate on work. I had responded to someone who had listed their services off baliadvertizer.biz but then when asking their rates she stated 225.000 per hour. That is nearly $25.00 USD an hour! She is not a native speaker either. I was just curious because I have noticed how much lower even native speakers ask.
I have emailed a few inquiries to a few international schools for the term of Jan-July but haven’t made up my mind yet. Has anyone hired someone for this kind of thing in Bali? How much did you pay per hour or monthly salary? I am just trying to weigh out my options for the rest of his primary two year.

How much?

Now for the benefit of those PC beings ...."I love my children more than life itself" - but to have the little shits at home while I try and work, no not on your nelly, school, daddy loves you, loves the wife next, the dog more and if we get that new pembantu, then she comes top...sod off to school.

Kids need to go to school for more things than just learning, they need to learn to lie and cheat and to learn javanese that would make a javanese slime vendor go green.

For a short period, stick your kids in a local school if they will let you, let them learn BI and balinese faster than you ever can, and let them have a little memory of something a bit different in their lives while you get caned on gin at 10am.

Mr T Arif Bawah

Oct 10, 2010

One small but important idea...make it Kuta, but Bali. Lombok is full of rather small minded people. Something to do with funnel shaped bottoms and whispy beards.....draw your own conclusions.

Last edited:

chris44

Oct 28, 2010
Bali, Nusa Dua
www.deluxespas.ch
cool we should meet cause wwe want to live in lombok too

Maybe we can talk about this, my kids nearly same age maybe we can share a teacher later..or build owen school..or similar