Desperately seeking help with finding a place to live!

JoanNadia

Feb 19, 2010
Denpasar Bali
So, I am living in a miniumal Kost right now in Denpasar and I'm looking to find another place. It can just be a bedroom with a bathroom (I don't really cook)

My big thing is that it has an internet line/wifi and if possible ac. I'm willing to live in the Denpasar/Sanur/Seminyak area (just not Kuta.) And my budget is up to 2mil a month.

I'm having no luck in finding a place and I know that around here you have to know someone in order to get a place, but I just moved here so finding someone is another challenge.

Crystal

Sep 13, 2010
romanticallyimpaired.com
Still looking for a place?

So, I am living in a miniumal Kost right now in Denpasar and I'm looking to find another place. It can just be a bedroom with a bathroom (I don't really cook)

My big thing is that it has an internet line/wifi and if possible ac. I'm willing to live in the Denpasar/Sanur/Seminyak area (just not Kuta.) And my budget is up to 2mil a month.

I'm having no luck in finding a place and I know that around here you have to know someone in order to get a place, but I just moved here so finding someone is another challenge.

tobaman

Aug 19, 2010
bali

Try "Ganida Rumah Kost" at Teuku Umar Barat (well known as Malboro area), it's 1.3 mio per month + electricity bill (400-500K per m)...room with tiny living room, mini kitchen, bathroom, bedroom upstairs/mezzanine, AC, tv cable, resto w/ free wifi and karaoke, minimart, good access from/to everywhere, landry shop, 24hrs security...there should be a room vacant (it's a huge place)

nallyru

Dec 1, 2010
melbourne
I know this post is a bit old, but i was interested to see whether anyone has checked out "Ganida Rumah Kost".

It sounds like what I am looking for, at a good price.
Is Malboro a good place to live?

Thanks!

BKT

Apr 2, 2010
Auckland/Singaraja
I had a look last year and didn't like it, it had no windows and felt like a prison. The apartments with windows are more expensive. You're better of renting a small house for that price.

nallyru

Dec 1, 2010
melbourne
I had a look last year and didn't like it, it had no windows and felt like a prison. The apartments with windows are more expensive. You're better of renting a small house for that price.

Thanks BKT. I think I was swayed by the karaoke room! I will take your advice on board. Looking in advance has helped me set a budget, but I think the smartest option is to look for a rental once I arrive. Thanks for responding!

BKT

Apr 2, 2010
Auckland/Singaraja
The house I was living in before might still be up for rent, I think its 14.5mill per year now and they want to lease for 2 years. Its a newish house in Renon.

tobaman

Aug 19, 2010
bali
Thanks BKT. I think I was swayed by the karaoke room! I will take your advice on board. Looking in advance has helped me set a budget, but I think the smartest option is to look for a rental once I arrive. Thanks for responding!

All rooms have large windows in Ganida (approx 80cm x 220cm x 2 windows each room), our supervisors/managers lived there n happy :icon_e_smile:

keichan

Dec 5, 2010
@BKT: can you email me pls on the house at 14.5mil per year. we're due on the 20th this month so hopefully can get a new one pretty soon..thanks
shellyerika (at) yahoo.com

thanks!

alib

Nov 22, 2010
i'm looking for housing too...

hello,

i have just moved to bali and am staying temporarily in a homestay in sanur. i am desperately looking for decent housing (clean, safe) at about 1mil/1.5mil rupiah/month.

I work in Denpesar and don't know how to drive a scooter yet so would like to find a place for 1 month withing taxi distance of Denpesar. Will check out the previous recommendations of this thread...just posting to see if anyone has any updates!

thanks

freetofly

Aug 30, 2010
hello,

i have just moved to bali and am staying temporarily in a homestay in sanur. i am desperately looking for decent housing (clean, safe) at about 1mil/1.5mil rupiah/month.

I work in Denpesar and don't know how to drive a scooter yet so would like to find a place for 1 month withing taxi distance of Denpesar. Will check out the previous recommendations of this thread...just posting to see if anyone has any updates!

thanks
Hi, we are also in a homestay in sanur and have just gone through the nightmare of finding a house, maybe nightmare is not the right word. interesting experience. i dont know how you will go with your budget - are you looking for one bedroom??? I hear renon is a nice area close to denpassar. good luck.:icon_e_smile:

Jimbo

Jan 11, 2005
Manchester and Makassar
$100-150 per month does not leave you a lot of room for choice. Try word of mouth which should show up better results. You may be able to get a Kost for that kind of money

Savitri

Feb 13, 2011
Renon is a nice, safe place to live. I've rented a house by Lapangan Renon for 2 years now, and so far it's been a pleasant experience.