Deep well water testing.

Metter

Oct 8, 2017
Sanur Kauh
Can anyone advise where to take deep well water for testing. I have found a local laboratory and they want 2.7jt which seems excessive.

Any advice if where to go ( politely ) would be welcome

mugwump

Mar 15, 2011
seattle pekutatan
Can anyone advise where to take deep well water for testing. I have found a local laboratory and they want 2.7jt which seems excessive.

Any advice if where to go ( politely ) would be welcome
It has been some years since I was there, but there was a testing facility in Denpasar and can’t recall the location.

Markit

Sep 3, 2007
Karangasem, Bali
What do you want to test for? Here you won't have much in the way of industrial wastes but possibly sewerage depending upon your next neighbor's distance from your house/well and the make up of the ground (sandy/rocky/loam/clay). As a general rule I would only use the tap/well water for washing and gardening. Drink only bottled water! So why test?

Metter

Oct 8, 2017
Sanur Kauh
What do you want to test for? Here you won't have much in the way of industrial wastes but possibly sewerage depending upon your next neighbor's distance from your house/well and the make up of the ground (sandy/rocky/loam/clay). As a general rule I would only use the tap/well water for washing and gardening. Drink only bottled water! So why test?

Have a clean deep well and seeking to make the water drinkable if possible from the tap.

Have deep well, 5 micron filter,, carbon filter and softener and UV steriliser. Should be clean to drink but want to check before I kill myself.

Just doing as a trial before.we build our new house.

Markit

Sep 3, 2007
Karangasem, Bali
Have a clean deep well and seeking to make the water drinkable if possible from the tap.

Have deep well, 5 micron filter,, carbon filter and softener and UV steriliser. Should be clean to drink but want to check before I kill myself.

Just doing as a trial before.we build our new house.
I live on the edge of a rice field, 200 m from the ocean and about the same from our nearest neighbors. Our well is about 5m deep (couldn't get any deeper) and we use a charcoal water purifier and (touch wood) we've been drinking from it for many years without the spoor from Bali Belly.

Just make sure your neighbors DON'T have septic tanks cause the water can get a bit lumpy :eek:

Mark

Apr 19, 2004
We get our water via three 'holy' springs that the banjar distributes to everyone via a piped and metered system. So we pay, though as a private house, not much. Our rather 'progressive' banjar, at least environment-wise, doesn't allow private wells. A neighbour had the water tested by Quantum and was told that not only was it perfectly safe to drink, it had a better mineral profile than Aqua.. Still, the Javanese workers building our place schlepp the 20 kg galons on their motorbikes because from long history they don't trust centrally piped water. :) Our plan is to use a filter connected to the clean water storage tanks, and for drinking to use a reverse osmosis dispenser that looks just like the normal galon dispensers. Better safe than sorry ;)

Metter

Oct 8, 2017
Sanur Kauh
Thanks Mugwump, markit and Mark,

Our last water test was clear for drinking but since then have had filters installed but still use a reverse osmosis for drinking.

I am having UV installed and if clean will then drink from taps. It good to hear that some people already do.

As for the testing Mark' Quantum is 727k I think which was a.lot cheaper than I found at 2.5jt.

The.comments have been really helpful - thanks guys.

Reactions: Mark