Curtains and Pool

Tobeornot

Jan 4, 2014
Hello Everyone

Still trying to work my way around the new forum, took ages to log in dont know what was wrong wouldn't recognise my password but finally got there.

Our home project is nearly finalised..yay. Is anyone able to recommend a curtain making business that also installs the curtains? Do you know if the have the sun blockout curtains.

My next question or advise is it possible to purchase a creepy crawly pool cleaner in Bali, are recommended for pool cleaning. Never owned a pool before so woukd like a a bit of advise before looking a get one

Hoping to hear some good advice. Many thanks

Markit

Sep 3, 2007
Karangasem, Bali
For curtain advise we need to know where you are. I know of a great one in Amlapura.

Your pool will be a source of endless joy, if you never have had one.

When it goes completely green that's when you start farming water spinach. After the first harvest you can switch to trout or salmon.

If you want to selfishly keep it for your own enjoyment I recommend you get a pool guy that can come and do it 2/3 times a week or start a very steep learning curve. Good luck.

Tobeornot

Jan 4, 2014
Thanks Markit,

Gianyar is where we have decided to settle so Amlapura is not that far away, it could make a nice day trip for us. I am after block out curtains as a couple of the rooms get a bit of the sun on them through out the day.

Do you know if the shop in Amlapura would also install the curtains for me. I was considering getting some from Australia but the window sizes are totally different and the measurements my brother in law has sent me don't seem quite right to me.

I will follow your advise and look at getting a pool man, I read through a couple of posts on the forum and noticed the name Alit being used. So when the time comes I will look for Alit.

Markit if you would like to mention the name of the shop I am positive I will pay them a visit when I arrive in Bali next month.

Thanks again, for your knowledge the advise you provide to me and others is awesome.

PS it was rather difficult trying to log back on to the forum, but I eventually got back.

Thanks again.

Markit

Sep 3, 2007
Karangasem, Bali
Alit is my pool guy, hands off! People that understand pool maintenance are worth their weight in Nasi Goreng and quite hard to find.

Doubt that my curtain people will deliver to Gianyar but there are members here that live near there and can possibly better advise. I recently bought 4 pairs of floor to ceiling blackout curtains (what you asked for) approx. 3 x 1 meter x 8 for around 5 million IDR. They came and did the initial measurements and then hung them too, including wall brackets (I think, but not sure - pricewise). If you can get blackout curtains from OZ for less than triple that I'll eat them. If you are still keen on the Amlapura curtain maker I'll find the contact details but I'm sure Gianyar has many equally good.

Tobeornot

Jan 4, 2014
Hi Markit, sorry for the delayed response. I have been having issues logging in but finely got here. Yes I would be interested to know the name of the curtain place in Amlapura, it wont hurt me to ask them if they are interested in a job in Gianyar.

I did have a look for some curtains in OZ but the window sizing is way different. I asked the guys to measure the windows (in Bali) so I could obtain some quotes here but I dont think they have given me the right measurements. I think it will be less of a headache to get the made in Bali at least they should be the right length and width...hopefully.

Thanks Markit.

mugwump

Mar 15, 2011
seattle pekutatan
Hi Markit, sorry for the delayed response. I have been having issues logging in but finely got here. Yes I would be interested to know the name of the curtain place in Amlapura, it wont hurt me to ask them if they are interested in a job in Gianyar.

I did have a look for some curtains in OZ but the window sizing is way different. I asked the guys to measure the windows (in Bali) so I could obtain some quotes here but I dont think they have given me the right measurements. I think it will be less of a headache to get the made in Bali at least they should be the right length and width...hopefully.

Thanks Markit.

mugwump

Mar 15, 2011
seattle pekutatan
There are curtain makers in Ubud which should be closer for you. One is on the raya between Mas and Ubud, and another is on Jl. Tagallang which is a great shopping area commencing north from Delta Dewata, but also many in the Kerobokan area that may be less expensive albeit further afield.

Tobeornot

Jan 4, 2014
Hi Mugwump, thank you for the information, I will see what I can find I am only going to Bali for 2 weeks this time so what to get a much done as possible. I will feel more relaxed in being there when some comes to do the measure and quote, even picking the colour of the curtains. Sometimes colour co-ordination with my husband is non existent - he does try.

Thanks again

There are curtain makers in Ubud which should be closer for you. One is on the raya between Mas and Ubud, and another is on Jl. Tagallang which is a great shopping area commencing north from Delta Dewata, but also many in the Kerobokan area that may be less expensive albeit further afield.

Tobeornot

Jan 4, 2014
Hi Everyone

A happy update, was able to get my curtains made while I was in Bali so happy and the workmanship and final result was perfect. The service was great and the curtains were ready on the date requested.

The company I decided to go with was Lian Gorden Jl Jendral Sudirman Amlapura, that's your territory Markit.

I initially went to the shop and had a look at some of the material samples, then the next day a couple of the guys came to my place with the samples gave me a quote that I was happy with and 1 week later the curtains were fully installed... magnificent.

Thank you all for your suggestions, I thought I would provide an update incase any other members are looking for curtains.

Cheers for now

Still trying to work my way around the new forum, took ages to log in dont know what was wrong wouldn't recognise my password but finally got there.

Our home project is nearly finalised..yay. Is anyone able to recommend a curtain making business that also installs the curtains? Do you know if the have the sun blockout curtains.

My next question or advise is it possible to purchase a creepy crawly pool cleaner in Bali, are recommended for pool cleaning. Never owned a pool before so woukd like a a bit of advise before looking a get one

Hoping to hear some good advice. Many thanks[/QUOTE]

Markit

Sep 3, 2007
Karangasem, Bali
Hi Everyone

A happy update, was able to get my curtains made while I was in Bali so happy and the workmanship and final result was perfect. The service was great and the curtains were ready on the date requested.

The company I decided to go with was Lian Gorden Jl Jendral Sudirman Amlapura, that's your territory Markit.
[/QUOTE]

That's what this forum is all about (for me, anyway). Getting to grips with new challenges and not getting rolled is 3/4s of the battle when starting out somewhere new and can easily mean the difference between whether you have a good experience of your new home or end up hating it.

I do hope you mention(ed) my name (Mark from Jasri) when you go there - not, I hasten to add, because I get anything for your business but because it makes it clear to the locals that they are dealing with a group of good (wealthy) customers (from their point of view) that talk among themselves and if they screw you/us it will have long range consequences.

How is the pool going? When is the opening party? Is the beer cold? Do you have cheese?