COVID 19 Survey?

mugwump

Mar 15, 2011
seattle pekutatan
Hi Admin.,
What would you think of having a survey among the members as to how each of us might be aware of anyone that they know of in their particular location in Bali that has tested positive for COVID 19 and any further info. as to whether virus was contracted here, or elsewhere, age, known health, and recovery status to the best of knowledge?
All of us must be in a bit of awe at the statistics revealed in comparison with elsewhere and by revealing our particular location and history, albeit unscientific we may find it interesting.
Personally I know of no cases in our rather sparse location in Jembrana Regency except for 2 recovered cruise ship employees in their 20's or 30's, and have a hunch that the current cases included in the updates reflect many of the same sort of personnel. The stats don't give us anything but raw numbers that I have seen, but cruise ship personnel have to be heavily involved.
What do you think?

JackStraw

Mar 14, 2017
You're a little late to the party mate. Stressing out about Covid was so March 2020. The whole planet is shut down over the flu with a 99.9% survival rate. Let that one sink in.

Markit

Sep 3, 2007
Karangasem, Bali
We have a 100 or so ex ships crews being cared for in lockdown in local hotels - no sick. Among my acquaintances nobody is sick or has even heard about anyone local that is or has been sick.

Stats that I know:
Approx Bali total sick 350
Total Corona deaths: 4 or which 2 brought it here with them

mugwump

Mar 15, 2011
seattle pekutatan
We have a 100 or so ex ships crews being cared for in lockdown in local hotels - no sick. Among my acquaintances nobody is sick or has even heard about anyone local that is or has been sick.

Stats that I know:
Approx Bali total sick 350
Total Corona deaths: 4 or which 2 brought it here with them
Thanks Market, You understood what I was pursuing. We can certainly get the stats each day, but what is unavailable in those stats is where they came from. If they were derived primarily from cruise ship personnel we can feel a bit relieved in the knowledge that the virus wasn't acquired in Bali, and that there is hope that whatever mystique there may be about Bali it may be a bonus factor for all.
The high recovery numbers also should be indicative of a possibly minor case of COVID 19 experience.
Finally I hope Jackstraw's hangover has passed, and that he is feeling better.