Bali Villa Sales

Villas of Bali ™ is the trusted real estate company that offers the most beautiful villas for sale on Bali. Visit our experienced and helpful staff in our office in Seminyak, or search the extensive villa listing online at www.balivillasales.com, providing the most exclusive properties for sale. Villas of Bali ™ stands for quality, integrity and trust. We help you save time and money, while providing you peace of mind of your property related needs. Send us an email to info@villasofbali.com, or call us at +62 878 6249 3526.

1. Welcome Guest to the new look Balipod. If you are an existing member, just sign up with your usual username/password. Any problems you can post them here
    Dismiss Notice

Costs of obtaining an IMB post-construction

Discussion in 'Owning Property in Bali' started by Kimberley McClean, Oct 2, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Kimberley McClean

Kimberley McClean New Member

I am trying to assist a friend to sell her newly completed house just north of Ubud as she has moved away from Bali and is not well enough to handle the selling of the property.
    During the process of trying to sell the property, I discovered that an application for a building permit (IMB-Ijin Mendirikan Bangunan) was never submitted orior to construction. As I would like to factor an application for an IMB into the sale, I need to know the various costs involved.
    I read a post on this forum about the subject but it was written in 2011 and applied to the costs of an IMB application prior to construction.
    Can anyone help with approximate costs for each level of the process- banjar to kabupaten-, including cost per m2 of floorspace, and current architect's costs, and facilitation fees for being late in application?
    I was told by a friend who owns a guesthouse that the IMB process cost her nearly Rp250 million but this included the podok wisita permit- we do not need this as the property is intended for private residential use. She also said that it cost her nearly Rp50 million for the archotect's work- drawings, site visits etc.
    Thanks for any help,
    Kimberley

2. spicyayam

spicyayam Well-Known Member

I just don't think someone will be able to give you a price per square meter to do this. You are asking to get a building permit for a house that is already constructed. You also need to get signatures from neighbors. I would imagine that there need to be some "extra" fees that need to be paid as well as some kind of incentive given to the neighbors to get them to sign.

3. Kimberley McClean

Thanks for your reply spicyayam (nice name).
    The no objection letters from neighbours are underway.
    The post in 2011 detailed costs so I have a bit of an idea but need to know what the costs are today. And you are correct about the extra facilitation fees- I don't think it is uncommon for buildings to lack the IMB- especially older Balinese compounds, so I think my query is a reasonable one. And maybe someone out there in Bali Expatland can offer some advice.

4. mugwump

mugwump Member

In the past there have been agents available to go through the process in Gianyar, Don't know the current situation as I ave moved from the area. One sneaky move might be to try connecting with an employee in a Notaris office. They are usually well informed and might help out for a fee on the side.

5. Kimberley McClean

Thanks for the suggestion, mugwump. I will try that. If I could hook up with someone who has done the process, I am sure that would help in finding agents as well as info. Will try my notary's office, too! Thanks again.

6. SCR26

SCR26 New Member

Or your friend might want to apply for herself.

This is what I did when applying for IMB (Ungasan, Badung in 2015).
    I asked neighbor's son run the errand for me. Basically he just go here and there asking for signature, summit the form, waiting, go to other official gov get signature, go to other official building, wait again , get signature... etc.
    After he completed all the requirement, then I summit the application by my self.

Total cost:
    * IMB = Rp. 2.3 mill
    * Banjar = 10 mill (negotiable)
    * Errand boy = 2 mill ( 2months)
    * "extra money" = 0

It looks like a lot of hassle and complected, but once you do it's not that difficult. If you have any problem just ask the help desk.

7. Kimberley McClean

Thanks, SCR26.
    I have a step-son studying architecture in Bali- might get him to do the running around.
    Thanks for the costings.
    Really appreciate it.

8. Kimberley McClean

SCR26, when you applied for the IMB was this before construction of the building commenced or after the building was already completed?

9. SCR26

SCR26 New Member

I was still doing the structure and foundation when apply for IMB, When the IMB guy check the location, the structure almost complete (2 floor) total 3 floor.:D

edit: the expensive part was the Banjar approval. you might want talk to the head of banjar first.

10. Kimberley McClean

Thanks for the clarification, SCR26. Much appreciated.