Concrete Worktops / Polished concrete Tables

Sep 19, 2021
Hi all!

I'm looking to create either a smooth concrete worktop, or table and wanted some advice on the concrete mix....
There is a stack of advice in the USA about products, but most of them aren't available here.

So, I need a nice strong concrete mix that's going to give me a really smooth finish without any gravel showing through, but i'm unsure as to the quantities of everything I need.

I'm thinking of:
- Standard Cement
- Builders Sand (not sharp sand)
- 10mm Gravel aggregate
- Plasticiser
- Wire mesh

....If anyone has better ideas, let me know!!

Has anyone on here made any nice concrete tables before? If so could you give me some advice on mixes/products?

Sep 19, 2021
Hi all!

I'm looking to create either a smooth concrete worktop, or table and wanted some advice on the concrete mix....
There is a stack of advice in the USA about products, but most of them aren't available here.

So, I need a nice strong concrete mix that's going to give me a really smooth finish without any gravel showing through, but i'm unsure as to the quantities of everything I need.

I'm thinking of:
- Standard Cement
- Builders Sand (not sharp sand)
- 10mm Gravel aggregate
- Plasticiser
- Wire mesh

....If anyone has better ideas, let me know!!
https://www.epoxyflooringsanantonio.co/
Has anyone on here made any nice concrete tables before? If so could you give me some advice on mixes/products?
Thanks in Advance!

Markit

Sep 3, 2007
Karangasem, Bali
Just use local teak or iron wood for you counter tops, even local marble is better than concrete! It's so butt-ugly and very sensitive to a lot of things common for cooking - heat, acids (vinegar) and colors.

Reactions: Balifrog

harryopal

May 5, 2016
I think the new moderate. slightly more congenial Markit should change his name to Markit Mark2.

• Wow
Reactions: Markit